Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Bigpond Cable modem user manuals

Netgear CG814WG

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Did you get a manual for cable internet?

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi kwun0512,

Are you after a user manual for a certain modem?

- Tim
Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi, I received new Netgear Cable Home Network Gateway CGD24N to replace 3 year old modem. Nice to receive an Install CD but none of our computers or laptops have CD access. I am female and blonde, am almost breaking out in a sweat! On sunday the guy from Telstra said I would be able to change the modems over very easily. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Ringerz,

The initial CD install is only required on one computer, this is to setup the modem to connect to our network. Once that is done, any device/computer can connect to the modem via Wi-Fi or directly via Ethernet. You don't need to run the CD on every computer connecting to your modem Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi Brodie,

Thanks for your reply but I have to physically change the modem, it came in a box with 2 sets of white cables, a yellow cable, a black one for the power point. The modem is a lot bigger than our existing one, many wi fi problems for months so this new one arrived by Express Post this afternoon. I have to physically disconnect the old one and install the new one. One laptop in the house as facility for a CD.

So it is the hands on stuff that I need help with. Having to get on the floor and disconnect the old modem, use that red key to disconnect the black cable from the existing modem.

Thanks in advance.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If you can run the CD on at least 1 computer it should walk through the hardware setup. Have you tried going through this?

Brodie

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more