Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Replacement Thomson TG782T router?

Hello, we've been having issues with our Internet connection pretty consistently for the past 5 months, and even after having numerous technicians working on the issues, including multiple faults along our line being fixed, our internet connection is still unable to maintain any competent speed or stability.

The one common variable over these past months has been our current Thomson TG782T router, which I believe may need to be replaced. Is there any way we can organize to get a replacement sent?

Background information:
Router connection info:

Link Information

Uptime:0 days, 0:05:30
DSL Type:G.992.3 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:148 / 1,202
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]:1.92 / 11.20
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:12.5 / 0.0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:39.5 / 41.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:6.5 / 10.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):TMMB / GSPN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):59 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):26 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):1,817 / 2,366
CRC Errors (Up/Down):1,817 / 4
HEC Errors (Up/Down):2,821 / 4

Other information:
The highest speed we can get our connection to at the moment is around 1Mbps, and the connection only seems to remain stable for about 20 mins at a time before dropping out again.

I have performed isolation tests, phone line tests, disconnecting all other devices, and resetting the router to factory settings multiple times, and nothig has changed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Replacement Thomson TG782T router?

I should add, these stats were recorded about 1 hour after I factory reset the modem.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Amerikajinn

I've Private Message'd you a link to send us more info on the issue. Please provide the requested data and we'll get back.

-Faaiz

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Faaiz, I believe I am having the same problems.

My TG782T cuts out a lot. We recently had the box out the front of our house upgraded but it hasn't helped, the best download speeds I get is 350-380 kbps and it cuts out a lot. This is the same if I am using the desk top in the next next room or laptop in line of sight. I don't have both on at the same time.

I have spoken to techs a few times and they have done line tests etc and say the line is ok.

MickBlake

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi MickBlake

Welcome to CrowdSupport. It would be best to try another line profile on the line as that can help stabilise the line and reduce drop-outs before trying another modem, details here: http://goo.gl/f9ZcM

You'll have to use it for some time as it can take about 24 hrs to activate. Let us know how that goes.

-Faaiz

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more