RowdyMuncher
Level 4: Private Eye

Replacing Arcaydan LH1000

All,

Im just wondering if I can swap the Telstra Smart modem Gen 2 Arcaydan LH1000 with my Linksys Velop system. Do I just plug in the Linksys router into the NBN Arris CM8200 modem? Is there any changes or settings I need to make on the links's system and where can I find them. The Smart Modem is so bad and just won't let me do what I need. I don't care about the Telstra Voip line or Telstra air. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Eff

Cryptocurrency enthusiast, social media, digital marketing enthusiast, technology obsessed, super dad by day, super hero by night!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Replacing Arcaydan LH1000

There are no special settings you need.  Just plug the ethernet port on the main node into the ethernet port on the arriss modem.

RowdyMuncher
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Replacing Arcaydan LH1000

Thanks cf4. Appreciate your advice. I replaced the Telstra Modem with my Linksys mesh system and all is working fantastically at the moment with so much more functionality now. Only one question in regards to the settings is that the Linksys has a setting for static DNS1, DNS2 and DNS3 ip addresses and they are all set to 0.0.0.0 at the moment should they stay as this or is there other specific DNS settings I should be adding.

Cheers

Eff

Cryptocurrency enthusiast, social media, digital marketing enthusiast, technology obsessed, super dad by day, super hero by night!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more