Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung TV

Spoiler
Samsung TV series 8 NBN

Just purchased a new Samsung TV  and now have a new telstra NBN  smart modem account as well.  Connection to wifi is okay for phone and iPad but will not give internet access to the Tv. Please help as finding it hard to get a response and having trouble trying to speak to someone in person about this situation. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Samsung TV

When you say it won't give internet access to the TV, do you mean that the TV can't see the wifi network, or that it connects to the wifi network but the TV doesn't see the internet?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

If your TV can see the modem's WiFi network try changing both the IPv4 and IPv6 DNS in the modem. To change DNS on modem open a Web browser on device connect to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra. Go to Advanced > Local network, select a non Telstra DNS from the drop down list and save settings.

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

If your TV can see your wifi Access Point (AP) or SSID and you have selected your home network and entered the correct password it should work. Try forgetting the AP in TV and try again to connect via wifi. Otherwise if all else fails do a hard reset of TV to factory settings and connect via wifi.

Alternatively if you have a long enough ethernet cable connect via cable and check for any firmware update for TV that may address wifi issues.

I know what I am talking about.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more