Woodhaven
Level 1: Cadet

SEARCHING FOR COMPATIBLE RANGE EXTENDER FOR 'ULTIMATE 753S'

Hi all

Can anyone out there recommend a reliable range extender that works with the above 3G modem device?  I tried a couple of Netgear units only to discover they were incompatible with the Telstra device.

Unfortunately the range of the Telstra device is very poor, hence the need for an extender to enable WiFi connection throughout most of our house.

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Lathania
Level 21: Augmented

Re: SEARCHING FOR COMPATIBLE RANGE EXTENDER FOR 'ULTIMATE 753S'

Hi Woodhaven,

Welcome to CrowdSupport!

Were you looking for a WiFi repeater or something closer to a Ruckus? http://www.telstra.com.au/tv/download/document/ruckus-wireless-home-networking.pdf
Lathania

The ruckus kit is only compatible with the T-Box.

My suggsetion is to contact Netcomm and see if the Ultimate Wi-Fi (Sierra Wireless 753S) is compatible with the 3G/4G Wireless N150 Router - 3GM2WN, or a similar product.

It works with virtually all Telstra USB modems, however, it isn't stated that it is compatible with any of the Wi-Fi products that we sell. However, as you can physically tether the 753S, it may just work...

They may also just sell standard Wi-Fi Network Extenders, so try your luck with them Smiley Happy

Lathania

That is incorrect Xanarshas, Telstra only advertise it with the T-Box. I have one at home and use it to connect a wireless router to a my internet connection, which essentially doubles my WiFi range. A ruckus will work with anything that has an ethernet connection.
Lathania

Hi!

Many thanks for your reply.  Forgive my ignorance, I have no idea what a ruckus is!

I'm just searching for something that will increase the range of my wifi modem throughout the house.  Have tried Netgear devices to no avail.

I was hoping Telstra might have a suitable product.

Cheers

Sue

Woodhaven
Level 1: Cadet

Mmmm, perhaps it might be worth me contacting Netcomm. I'll try anything!!
Lathania

Well if you already have a second WiFi device, the a Ruckus lets you wirelessly connect that second device to your existing modem, basically allowing you to have 2 working wireless networks in the house.

Telstra only advertise it for the T-Box so the information available is pretty limited but I can personally vouch that they work very well in this situation. That said, if you don't already have a second wireless device than that setup can be pretty pricey.
Lathania

Thanks for the explanation Lathania, you a very knowledgeable.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more