CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

setting up gateway max

Answered

New Gateway Max has arived, will it run with my old netgear WG111v2? & what is the USB for

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: setting up gateway max

@Yorky-37,

Ahh, apologies.  The USB dongle you have should let you connect your PC to the MAX.  You will just have to go through the software with the netgear dongle to configure it to find the new router.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Old and Cautious, @Yorky-37, Old and Cautious. Smiley Wink

Keep the old one for safe keeping, or take it to an Officeworks store for them to recylce it, for instance.

Hope things go all good with the new Gateway.

Feel free to aks if you have any issues.

Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hey @Yorky-37,

Why would you keep the old Netgear?  You might be able to set it up in bridged mode, but it might take a bit of tinhkering and not be worth it. Just use the MAX.

The USB is for media sharing, or you can plug a printer in it.

I use the USB to host a USB drive for media sharing, and all of my computers/tablets/smartphones can access whatever I have on the USB drive.

Highlighted

The netgear I'm referring to is the Wireless USB adapter provided with the first modem so as to let my PC talk to the modem.  I have no Mobil phone etc. Just an old PC.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

@Yorky-37,

Ahh, apologies.  The USB dongle you have should let you connect your PC to the MAX.  You will just have to go through the software with the netgear dongle to configure it to find the new router.

Highlighted

Many thanks for your help, I have now got it up & working. Do I return my old one complite with attachments, I only asked this as I was unable to find this info on the paper work enclosed. But they do send a post bag. Sorry about this but I'm old & stupid. LOL

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Old and Cautious, @Yorky-37, Old and Cautious. Smiley Wink

Keep the old one for safe keeping, or take it to an Officeworks store for them to recylce it, for instance.

Hope things go all good with the new Gateway.

Feel free to aks if you have any issues.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more