Chuck71
Level 2: Rookie

Smart Modem Gen 2 - Apple MacBook 2018

Answered

Hi All, Can someone please let me know how they mat have overcome an issue I am having. All my devices except my 2018 MacBook Pro are working fine with Telstra NBN. My MacBook will join the network and then load pages super slow. I have a Gen 2 Smart Modem. I have been with Telstra for 3 weeks and 2 of them have been troublesome. If anyone have the same year MacBook and they know how to solve this please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chuck71
Accepted Solution

Re: Smart Modem Gen 2 - Apple MacBook 2018

Thanks Mkrtich, I did that and it does seem to be working much better. Thanks very much...Carl.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented

Hi- are you connecting to your modem's common Telstra WiFi SSID Broadcast name for both bands or do you see separate SSID names for the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi Networks and connecting to the faster 5Ghz band. If you only see the common SSID, to if it makes any difference, log into modem and go to the 2.4Ghz page and Disable Bandsteering and SAVE, you should see two separate SSIDs now. If your MacBook is within 10 metres of the modem, it should fly faster on the 5Ghz band.

Wouldn't hurt to Clear History and Date from Safari settings as well in case assists as well. 

Mkrtich

It is also possible to verify the quality of the Wi-Fi connection established on your Mac - this comes from osxdaily.com - as you can see there are a lot of signal strength and coding measurements shown which contribute to speed performance. If you are still having degraded speed issues after the above changes with either band, let us know all the measurements from and including Security onwards. There is also a hidden menu for scanning neighbouring Wi-Fi networks in case they are a potential source of interference if required. 

Chuck71
Accepted Solution

Thanks Mkrtich, I did that and it does seem to be working much better. Thanks very much...Carl.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more