pietpoggenpoel
Level 1: Cadet

Smart Modem Gen2 - LH1000

Does anyone know if the USB3 port would be able to power a Raspberry Pi 2? I am unable to find any specs on the power out put of this port

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Smart Modem Gen2 - LH1000

I don't think it will provide sufficient power for a Raspberry Pi 2. It only charges my phone at 300 mA.

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

USB ports are generally specced at 500 mw, the Arcadyan port struggles with some USB HDD's in my experience.

Why do you want to connect a Pi that way? As a server or network media device? so that other devices on the network can connect to it?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
SteveW_52

Whoops, that should be 500 mA...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi pietpoggenpoel.

Just checking in to see if you need a further hand? 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Tom - the Raspberry Pi needs at least a 2 Amp power supply to function, ideally 2.5 Amps if other items are connected to it , so it just won't work on the Smart Modem, in fact if connected could damage the Pi. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more