Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Smart modem installed, no internet connection.

Answered

Installed Smart modem as per instructions. Diagnostics and troubleshooting both show no internet connection and poor line quality. All lights solid green except ‘Online’ is orange/yellow and ‘Mobile Mode’ is off.  Previous modem had no problems ever. Home phone and Foxtel still working great. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Smart modem installed, no internet connection.

Thanks for the link. Followed it but can’t sign in. Keep getting invalid username etc. I think the problem might us now lol. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Is this an ADSL connection? If its an ADSL connection check that your Bigpond username and password is entered in the PPPOE section of the modem's Broadband settings.

Highlighted

Yes, ADSL. The username shows when we attempt to connect via laptop or mobile, but keep getting messages that the modem is experiencing issues. 

Highlighted

Open a web browser on a device connected to modem and go to http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra. Go to Broadband settings, check username is same as your bigpond primary email address and enter correct password.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the link. Followed it but can’t sign in. Keep getting invalid username etc. I think the problem might us now lol. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Some might have changed the modem's password. You can restore the default password by factory resetting modem. To reset modem press reset button for at least 10 seconds using bent paper clip. Rest button is located on back of modem  near LAN port 2.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more