Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Smart modem on Advance Mobile "no device connected" and lost Yellow Signal light

After my NBN started and  a month of normal operation on HFC NBN, the yellow "Signal" light  on the smart modem become dark and no way in Advance and other settings to make any changes.

There is only one message " No device connected" Tried to connect to it externals antennas but it does't  help. Looks like internal Sim was deactivated. Telstra 4G  is in my area and one month (or more) it worked. Possible modem malfunction.

The result there is no mobile internet connection in case when NBN stops working. 

And  an important part of the service is lost.  Official complaint was sent.

What else can be done? Thanks

Google Translation

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Smart modem on Advance Mobile "no device connected" and lost Yellow Signal light

You could try factory resetting the modem by pressing the reset button located below the power button for at least 10 seconds. Modem should reboot resetting all settings to factory defaults.

Highlighted

Re: Smart modem on Advance Mobile "no device connected" and lost Yellow Signal light

Did resets several times. It don't help. There is no any Mobile Signal light -green, yellow or red just blank. My complaint  SR 1-1698190689160 about this problem without any response. But 5 days not passed. Will wait.

Google Translation
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Is the sim card on the bottom of the modem snugly inserted. Its hidden behind a white sticker
For Official Support Chat Now, try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra in the following products.
  • Telstra Platinum, Telstra Business Services, Telstra Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and NBN faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Highlighted

Yes, it worked about a month. When my NBN started there was a yellow light and I checked this service. Was no problems. When it stopped I don't know exactly.

Google Translation
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

This exact thing is happening to me.
Works for a while... then the smartmodem reboot itself and after startup.... the 4g connection stops working and shows No Device Connected.

Last time i did a factory reset which didn’t fix it.. but a reboot after reset did.
That’s not consistent since it doesn’t always work.

Has happened again today..... but dont won’t to factory reset.
I think pressing the on/off button on the smartmodem May also have fixed it once before.

Anyone have more info on this issue?
At what point do I log a fault with the hardware?
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @cvee72 I'd recommend giving tech support a go if you're having ongoing issues with your primary connection or the 4G back-up. You can chat here:  http://tel.st/4resc , or call 133 933 for Cable or ADSL, 1800 TFIBRE for NBN which are all available 24x7, and we can take a look for you Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more