Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Smart Modem

Answered

My modem is a Technicolor DJA0231, Software Version 18.1.c, Firmware Version 18.1.c.0543-950-RA.

Recently my smartphone and spare computer will not connect on wifi -were fine before. My iPad does connect. All lights look fine, I did a factory reset but that made no difference.

Cancelled that network on the phone and turned wifi off and on and it is just indefinitely Searching for wifi. Other computer says no wifi network.

Any suggestions what to look for?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Smart Modem

Thanks for that. Disabled protected management frames and no difference (rebooted modem just to be sure and tried again).

Checked specs for phone and computer and both are 2.4GHz. Disabled 5Gz in modem settings and iPad not connecting (it is dual band).

Looks like the 2.4GHz wifi in the modem not working. So will contact Telstra and report it.

Jeff

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The latest firmware update added extra wifi security called Protected management frames. Suggest you log into modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra), go to Advanced > Wifi, disable Protected management frames and save settings. If your PC and phone are dual band do for both wifi bands.

If devices still can't connect and your devices that can't connect are single band it might be due to the modem's 2.4 GHz WiFi being fauly

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks for that. Disabled protected management frames and no difference (rebooted modem just to be sure and tried again).

Checked specs for phone and computer and both are 2.4GHz. Disabled 5Gz in modem settings and iPad not connecting (it is dual band).

Looks like the 2.4GHz wifi in the modem not working. So will contact Telstra and report it.

Jeff

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more