Ralph16
Level 1: Cadet

Smartmodem Gen 2 not connecting to nbn

I received my new smartmodem today.  I cannot get it to connect to the NBN.  My old modem is working so there isn't an issue with the connection but when I plug the smartmodem in, the UNI-D1 light on the nbn box does not come on.  I tried the other three ports as well - no bueno.  I tried resetting it, turning it all off and then on but no luck.  I have plugged the old modem back in again and it is still working but is there something I am missing to get the new modem to work?  I tried the chat feature and of course spent an hour going through 4 different consultants who each never got further than asking my account number before passing me to the next person.  Any ideas anybody?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Smartmodem Gen 2 not connecting to nbn

When you plugged the old modem in, did the light come on on the UNI-D1 port, or was it still off?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Does your old modem connect to the NBN UNI-Dx port or directly to a wall connection? What sort of connection is it?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
cf4

What is the model number of the modem? There are two versions of the gen 2 smart modem, one made by Arcadyan (LH1000) and the other made by Technicolor (DJA0231). There have been a few cases were the LH1000 modems have had trouble connecting to the UNI-D ports on the NBN box.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more