Bazza42
Level 1: Cadet

Soniq Smart TV won't connect to wifi

Answered

My new 43 inch Soniq  brand TV won't connect to my wifi.

It recognises my Telstra network [Telstra******** is a saved network]  but when I enter my password and click on connect, after much deliberation, it comes back with No network connection

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Soniq Smart TV won't connect to wifi

Try disabling protected management frames in the modem. See this WiKi for how to disable PMF. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Accepted Solution

Try disabling protected management frames in the modem. See this WiKi for how to disable PMF. 

View solution in original post

Brinrac
Level 3: Gumshoe

@Bazza42 If you have a Telstra Smart Modem, login to the settings and try changing the 2.4ghz (Wifi Channel Number) and 2.4ghz (Channel Width). eg: Try Channel Number 5 and Channel Width 20 mhz.

I've had problems with alot of devices connecting to Wifi with the Telstra Smart Modem where mine is a "Technicolor DJA0231" model and changing the Wifi Channel number and Channel width fixed it.

Good luck.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If you have one of the Sagemcom F@st5355 modems, you may need to factory reset the modem. I have seen two of these now manage to corrupt the wifi password so that you cannot connect (usually only affects the 2.4GHz band wifi). Only a factory reset fixes the problem as changing the password has no effect.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more