Level 2: Rookie

Sony Bravia Smart TV and Telstra Smart Modem

Answered

I've just joined Telstra and have a smart modem but I can't connect to my Sony smart TV - all other devices connect no worries.  I have unchecked the band steering box - still no luck. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Sony Bravia Smart TV and Telstra Smart Modem

I had only turned it off on the 2.4GHz but I've now turned it off on the 5GHz band - FIXED! The TV is not restarting and it appears to be staying connected to the wifi and I can use Netflix etc - THANK YOU!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Level 25: The Singularity

You might need to turn off PMF in the modem's wifi settings as well.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Hi, thank you, could you pls explain how I do this - which settings I click on?

Unfortunately I don't have a modem to check on at the moment.

It should be on the 2.4GHz wifi settings page. If it is already switched off, turn it on and then back off to make sure it is really off.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 24: Supreme Being

To turn of PMF log into modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra), go to Advanced, go to WiFi, scroll down and look for Protected Management Frames, or WiFi-PMF, turn off or set to disabled and save settings.

Hi again, I have also turned off the WiFi-PMF, double checked the band steering is off - it connects for about 10 seconds then the TV restarts, over and over again.  Any other ideas?

When you say "restarts", do you mean powers off and then back on, or just that the wifi disconnects and tries to reconnect?

Hi, it appears the TV is powering down and restarting - over and over until I disconnect the wifi.  

Have you turned of WiFi-PMF on both WiFi bands? I have seen the PMF causing an android phone to reboot.

Accepted Solution

I had only turned it off on the 2.4GHz but I've now turned it off on the 5GHz band - FIXED! The TV is not restarting and it appears to be staying connected to the wifi and I can use Netflix etc - THANK YOU!

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more