Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

switching from optus to telstra nbn

Answered

I have a few questions:

1. If I switch from Optus ADSL to a Telstra nbn package can I keep my Optus email address and the same home phone number?

2. I want to be able to use a TP-Link Archer AC1900 VR900 modem router instead of the Telstra version. Can I do this and will Telstra technicians help me set it up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: switching from optus to telstra nbn

I would stay with Optus and use their NBN service, I recently changed from Telstra FTTN NBN to Optus FTTN NBN and I gain close to 20mbps higher download speed, stay clear of Telstra, you will get faster speeds with Optus.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You should be able to port the phone number, but you'll have to ask Optus about the email address.

As far as the modem goes, you will need to use the Telstra modem to use the phone, but you can set it up so that you can use both modems in your network.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye
Accepted Solution

I would stay with Optus and use their NBN service, I recently changed from Telstra FTTN NBN to Optus FTTN NBN and I gain close to 20mbps higher download speed, stay clear of Telstra, you will get faster speeds with Optus.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Just save yourself a lot of hassle and stay with Optus.

I am done with Telstra, just switched to Optus.

Telstra still oves me money and I can't get through the customer service no matter what I do, to get that money back, it just sucks.

The general manager May Boisen has screwed up this company completely, they are going to loose a lot of customers

Highlighted

I would stay with Optus. I have tried and tried to get a technician to come and install the NBN that I signed up for. For three days I have been on their app, "chatting", repeatedly asking for the same thing over and over again, They make appointments and then cancel without telling you, ask the same questions that I answered days ago ... I am about to cancel and go elsewhere

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more