Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

T Gateway TG797 v3 WiFi dropouts

Over the course of the last few days, I've been having a hell of a time trying to get my gateway to hold a stable WiFi connection. Prior to this, I had not had any issues, and dropouts were infrequent. Now, dropouts occur within minutes of each other, and restarting the modem has done nothing to alleviate this. The device we have connected via ethernet is unaffected by this, and remains connected while the WiFi signal is lost.

Google Chrome complains of it being a DNS issue.

I've tried the following:

• Restarting the modem
  • Flushing the DNS cache on all devices
  • Switching the gateway with an older Thomson TG782T (had no dropouts over 24 hours)
  • Factory resetting the device 

None of this has worked, so for the time being, I'm back on the TG782T as it's capable of keeping everyone connected. This is far from ideal though, seeing as it does not support N.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: T Gateway TG797 v3 WiFi dropouts

Hi Bache, 

We'll ask our Tech guys to take a look at your post and offer some advice :-)

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: T Gateway TG797 v3 WiFi dropouts

Hi Bache,

if you are experiencing WiFi disconnections then the following link should help you to resolve this.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/WiFi-Troubleshooting/ta-p/107516   

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more