Sketchi
Level 1: Cadet

Technicolor DJA0231 Power Problems

Answered

Im new to this so hi.

My Technicolor DJA0231 was working file up until 20th of April. On 20th of April, the front led stopped working. It wasn't a big deal at the time. I also had a USB Flash drive attached to it that worked fine. But the USB stopped working 1st May too. Now, the front led and the usb both don't work. I have tried various different methods to determine the problem but came out with no results. I had a usb attachable flashlight, I plugged it in the modem USB port but it didn't turn on (this flashlight turns on when plugged in to a mobile phone). I also checked the logs and it showed nothing different. The USB not working is a problem as I heavily rely on it to access files over different systems. I have been trying to find a solution to this problem for a while and even see the modem in my sleep. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Technicolor DJA0231 Power Problems

It does sound like the modem has developed a fault. You will need to contact Telstra to ask for a replacement.

Send a message by either:

• the My Telstra app on your mobile
  • logging into your account via the telstra.com.au website

and then go to the Get Help tab and click on the blue icon at the bottom of the screen (labelled Message Us on the website, icon only on app). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response. If you use the app, you will get a notification on your mobile when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

It does sound like the modem has developed a fault. You will need to contact Telstra to ask for a replacement.

Send a message by either:

• the My Telstra app on your mobile
  • logging into your account via the telstra.com.au website

and then go to the Get Help tab and click on the blue icon at the bottom of the screen (labelled Message Us on the website, icon only on app). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response. If you use the app, you will get a notification on your mobile when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

cf4

If you done so already try factory resetting the modem. Reset button is located on back of modem near LAN port 2. Press for at least 10 seconds. Modem will reboot.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more