GN67
Level 1: Cadet

Technicolor DJA0231 SSID no longer visible

Answered

Week 2 of our NBN upgrade and our brand new telstra smart modem gen 2 , Technicolor DJA0231 appears to have stopped transmitting the SSID.

There's no option to enable or disable this feature like previous models. I now have devices that will no longer connect. A couple still manage to do so , I don't know how though. I also have two other Telstra NBN compatible modems including the Arcaydan and both boot up and display the SSID and all devices that won't see the Technicolor  see the other two and connect immediately.

Tried everything from factory reset to defaults, hard reset, changing SSID name, enable/disable wifi , channels and band steer. External wifi button cycled and no change at all.

Fairly certain at this point it's now a dud.

Should have listened to the tech when he said the old one would do, thought we were smart going with new to avoid issues. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Technicolor DJA0231 SSID no longer visible

The 2.4 GHz WiFi on the DJA0231 stopping transmitting is a common fault for the DJA0231 modem. The devices that can connect to the modem's WiFi are probably dual band devices and can connect to modem's 5 GHz WiFi. If you log into the modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra) and go to Advanced > Device you should see a list of connected devices and how thy are connected. You will probably find all WiFi devices are connected to the 5 GHz WiFi band.

Suggest you contact support and request a replacement modem.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

The 2.4 GHz WiFi on the DJA0231 stopping transmitting is a common fault for the DJA0231 modem. The devices that can connect to the modem's WiFi are probably dual band devices and can connect to modem's 5 GHz WiFi. If you log into the modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra) and go to Advanced > Device you should see a list of connected devices and how thy are connected. You will probably find all WiFi devices are connected to the 5 GHz WiFi band.

Suggest you contact support and request a replacement modem.

View solution in original post

GN67
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the reply.

Mysteriously the SSID came back after having the modem turned off and disconnected. Now have bigger issue NBN no longer reaching the Modem. Offshore help centre too underskilled to understand the basic operation on the system. After being on hold for 30mins, Had me fault finding the smart modem for almost half an hour when the NBN box would not connect and is the root of the problem. Mobile backup will not pass any internet service but connects to the network.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more