Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Technicolor TG797n v3 - connecting network printer

Answered

I have just received a Telstra Technicolor TG797n v3 Gateway unit.  The documentation mentions being able to connetc a printer through the gateway as a network printer.  I have a Canon Pixma 4000 that is simply a USB connection (no wireless) and I have plugged it into the gateway but can't seem to find it on the computer.  Any of you wizards out there got any info please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Technicolor TG797n v3 - connecting network printer

Hi Rexamillion, 

Network printing not supported via USB on our T-Gateways. However there is no issue with network printing using the T-Gateway's WiFi signal.  In order to set this up you will need to consultant your printer manufactures supplied documentation or website.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Johnm50,

We have an FAQ here that provides instructions on how to set this up, if you have any difficulties then I would suggest speaking to Technical Support on 133 933.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Dan, that link you posted goes to a generic telstra support page. Could you please update it or provide a new link as I am trying to configure my usb printer in the same router on my pc and having difficulties. Thanks.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Guys, 

It looks like in the latest update of the website this link has been taken down, but not replaced with a new page.  You may need to refer to your printers manual to see if it is possible to use it in this configuration.

- Ben 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Typical useless service from Telstra.  This is a modem router set-up for the Telstra Supplied T-Gateway, my printer manual does not provide any details.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Rexamillion, 

Network printing not supported via USB on our T-Gateways. However there is no issue with network printing using the T-Gateway's WiFi signal.  In order to set this up you will need to consultant your printer manufactures supplied documentation or website.

I apologise for any inconvenience.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more