addhee
Level 2: Rookie

Technicolor TG797n v3 port forwarding.

Answered

Hi all,

I urgently need help on how to port forward on a Technicolor TG797n v3.

I have went through the game and application sharing process and still no luck at the moment. Is there any other options I need to be aware of? Specifically, I need to open ports 5432 and 443, and whilst 443 is opened (not sure if it's by default), port 5432 won't seem to open.

I need to get this port opened for retail softwares to work and without it being open the store I work at cannot operate... I'm very frustrated right now!!! I'm very keen on any solutions even if it's a work around.

Anyway, thank you all in advance, really appreciate any help on the matter! Thing I don't get is, why won't telstra support port forwarding? One tech support guy even told me that "with the business plan all ports are open"...

Cheers

*edit - I am on a business broadband plan, not mobile broadband

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Technicolor TG797n v3 port forwarding.

In 2015, the user interface for the Technicolor modem has changed dramatically and the steps shown in this thread will no longer match that seen in modem modems.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
24 REPLIES 24
Wanglese
Level 22: Superhuman

G'day, and welcome to Crowd Support.

I'm assuming you want to port forward to ONE device?

Best way for you to do this is via the Toolbox on the router. 

Open a session to  10.0.0.138 and go to toolbox.

Open Game and Application Sharing.

Select New Game or Application

Select CLONE an Application  Put in your name for the app, and simply clone it from AIM  (we are going to modify YOUR apps ports later)  In my screen dump, change thr radio button to clone exisiting application.

sd1.png

Go back to Game an application sharing, and now select MODIFY a game or application.

Select YOUR app that we just created an entry for, and select EDIT.

SD2.png

Now put your entry in and save it.

If you want to port FORWARD to a specific device, then you need to select that in the Game and Application Sharing, and define the destination.  Don't do it if you do not need to. In fact don't do it, and see if it works first.

If you really, really need to have the port forwarded to a particular device, and that device ONLY, then do it by selecting the device on the dropdown box on the Game and Application Sharing page.

SD3.png

Let us know if this fixes your need

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

addhee

Yep I've already tried that and unfortunately port 5432 remains closed. However i defined specific device as i wasn't aware that you could leave it undefined. I'm heading into the shop soon and will try it again.

Also, do you have a reliable way of reading if the ports are opened?

Cheers
Wanglese

try these:

http://canyouseeme.org/

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

http://www.whatsmyip.org/port-scanner/apps/

or the download tool

http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-port-tester  (the one I use most often)

Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

addhee

Thanks. Just wondering though because the machine im port forwarding doesn't actually have an os, does that matter when trying whether the port is open.

Ie I'll be doing the testing on another local machine

Cheers
addhee

Hi,

I redid the prcoess again following your steps, and it appears to be working (for now)!

Thanks so much for the help!

jeffreydz
Level 1: Cadet

Hi

I have the same problem,

need to port forward CCTV system

When I try to assign ot to the device i enter use deifined and then the IP address

when  apply this it lists another unknown device.

I must be doing somethnig wrong

Can you help

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jeffreydz,

Take a look through these threads about port forwarding on the Technicolor modems, they should be able to help you.

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Technicolor-TG797n-v3-port-forwarding/m-p/8469...

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/How-to-configure-Port-Forward-on-your-Home-Net...

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Technicolor-TG587n-v3-How-to-Port-Foward-Open-...

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

jeffreydz

thanks

nice and clear instructions

but I still cant get it to work, when i call technical support they say they cant help me.

Any other suggestions.

iassume I will have to find a modem expert. My CCTV system was slow but perfect on the regular broadband but i can t get it to work on NBN fixed wireless. The CCTV installation people cant get it to work and the telstra technical team say they can't help me. 

I would really welcome any other suggestions

Jeff

Rat_Attack00

Please help me I would like to port forward but when i do it it says: 'The port configuration of the game or application conflicts with an already assigned game & application. Assigning this game or application is not possible.' Even though i dont have anything assigned.

Wanglese

G'day Rat_Attack00, and welcome to CrowdSupport.

Even though you may not have anything assigned, there are some restricted ports used.

What ports are you trying to assign?

Laserchalk

Hi I was wondering if you would be able to help me. I have tried cloning an existing application and doing it manually but whenever i try my modem restarts. Do you know a way to fix this?

phantasmalbear

Hi, first time posting here. Ive had similar issues setting ports for 5000 to 5500. I currently have no other items assigned but a message appears saying that the ports are already assaigned.

Any advice?

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi phantasmalbear, 

We'll ask our Tech Team to take a look at your post on Monday and see if there is any advice they can offer 🙂 

phantasmalbear

Thanks, ive narrowed it down to two ports that I can not use. They are 5065 and 5357.

Brodie_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Phantasmalbear,

As far as I'm aware we don't block any ports on our modems (once port forwarded). Bit of a silly question, but have you defaulted the modem and retried?

Brodie

dukman83

Hi Wanglese

I've followed your instructions to a tee, followed all the instructions listed below, but for some reason, my port 9 will NOT open, nor will 80. I have successfully opened port 85 in the past, and have copied the way it was opened, but have applied that to port 9 and 80, and 18004... all with no luck.

I've run out of ideas and places to trawl on the interweb, and plead with you to help me open these ports up.

I'd really appreciate your help with this!

Sincerely,

Alex

Pallayers

Hi, I am Trying to PortForward for Unturned using my New Router the  TG797n v3 NBN Router, Wireless Connection, 

On Image 3 where I Choose the game/application and where it says Device, Is the the Host device or is that trying to Port to that Specific Device? Little Confused, I am Trying to Have an Open port so that friends can connect while not on the same internet. 

Any Assistance Will be Helpful, Thanks

Wanglese

Hey @Pallayers ,

You are trying to open a port to the destination device inside your network. Hope that's clear.

Zombies huh?

Enjoy.

Pallayers

Hey Thanks for the reply  @Wanglese 

I'm Trying to play a game with Friends Outside my Home Internet, and so I am trying to Port Forward to let them in. 

Not Sure What is going wrong, I set the Device to My Computer Thinking that would make my Computer the "Host" for that Port Forward, Is this Correct?

Thanks 

saintblash

Hey mate,

having issues with the game Splatoon on the Wii U. Any chance of getting an idea of what ports to open?

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

In 2015, the user interface for the Technicolor modem has changed dramatically and the steps shown in this thread will no longer match that seen in modem modems.

View solution in original post

ADLK

Technicolor TG797n v3 Port Forwarding

Hi All,

i have a Technicolor TG797n v3 software version 15.3 and i can't for the life of me get port forwarding to work....

If a game asks me to forward port, 443 UDP and 443 TCP (among others), i'm creating a rule.. naming it, clicking TCP/UDP and entering 443 in both the WAN and LAN fields... then i'm directing it to the IP of my computer... 10.0.0.10.

Okay.. then i go to check it at canyouseeme.org.. and the port is not open.

Am i missing something?

Thanks for your help in advance.

mwither
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Technicolor TG797n v3 Port Forwarding

You are probably missing the fact that port forwarding simply doesn't actually work on the current firmware of Telstra provided gateways (Technicolor ones).

A few large discussion on here and other websites about it, especially from gamers, such as this one:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Technicolor-TG797n-v3-unable-to-keep-an-Open-...

Try shoot Telstra an email as well to increase their awareness and maybe urgency to fix this issue.

ADLK

Re: Technicolor TG797n v3 Port Forwarding

Thanks for that mate, i'll have a read through.

Very frustrating. 

I rang telstra the other day to ask.. but the person i talked to said that she isn't trained to assist with port forwarding and that if i would like to talk to their "premium" support or whatever it was.. they would help me.

Then she told me that that is $120.... umm.. no thanks.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more