gimder123
Level 2: Rookie

Technicolor TG797n v3 ports

Answered

Hi guys,

Recently tried to port forward a server for Gmod. I'm almost 100% certain I did this correctly. I tried the port checker Can you see me and I had no luck. I then realised that all of my ports seemed to be closed. Any ideas as to why they are closed? Maybe my isp blocking them? This is my first time port forwarding so any help would be great.

Thank you!

Fire wall:Norton(Tried turning this off)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mokkah
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Technicolor TG797n v3 ports

yeah go into settings, and click on firewall, go into traffic rules, click on add, click on allow, then click on next, then click on connections to and from other computers, then click on only the computer sight listed bellow, click on add, then a window will pop up, you type in your ip address, then click next. and then another window will pop up for you to put in the port you need to keep open click on only communication that match the port , then click add, then another rwindow will pop up saying specify port, click individual specific port, and type it in and click ok. hope that helps

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
mokkah

I know you have probably already done this but I will ask anyway, have you gone into your internet security provider and opened that particular port? Or what about the modens firewall, have you dis-abled that?

gimder123

Well im currently using Norton and wasn't aware i could open ports using that. Will look into that. I have tried to disable the Modem's fire-wall to no succes.

Thanks for the help!

mokkah

yeah you go into the Norton settings and in tasks I think, hang on I will open up my Norton, and get back to you. It can also disconnect your firewall too I think
gimder123

Oh ok, Thanks for that. Will get onto it tommorrow 🙂 

mokkah
Accepted Solution

yeah go into settings, and click on firewall, go into traffic rules, click on add, click on allow, then click on next, then click on connections to and from other computers, then click on only the computer sight listed bellow, click on add, then a window will pop up, you type in your ip address, then click next. and then another window will pop up for you to put in the port you need to keep open click on only communication that match the port , then click add, then another rwindow will pop up saying specify port, click individual specific port, and type it in and click ok. hope that helps

View solution in original post

gimder123

I tried that and something odd happened, when i tested the port it now says Connection refuesd. I thinkwe might be making someprogress xD.

Note: I also disabled my firewalls (Router + Norton)

mokkah

Another thing you can try is check on YouTube. When I wanted to make my sons mine craft server open to the public I went and found out how to do it on YouTube. I also learn how to open the port through Norton that way.
mokkah

Another thing you need is a stable IP address. I pay $10 a month for a static IP. Your normal IP address changes every day for security purpose.
gimder123

Ok thanks for that. After discovering a small setting called Stealth blocked ports being disabled I am now able to maintain the refused connection error with both firewalls up.I did look into portforwarding for the Technicolor TG797n v3 but this was no help as i did not specify Norton.

gimder123

Stuff that! I fixed, thanks for your help.

For those looking at this forum make sure to check your Norton security settings. 🙂

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more