DebO
Level 1: Cadet

Technicolor TG797n v3

Answered

I've been on the phone and on the 24/7 chat for 2 days trying to get an answer!!!!

My daughter reset our modem and put a password on the internet, now my computer which is connected with the ethernet cable will not connect and now wont even find an internet connection, the wifi works fine.

I highly doubt it is the cable itself as it worked perfectly fine before she changed the password.

we're now trying to log into the modem itself with the 10.0..138 but whatever we put in wont work!!

how can we find the user name and password?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yeldarb
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Technicolor TG797n v3

Resetting the router should have no effect on your wired connection. Are you sure your ethernet has not been turned off? I assume it’s a laptop as you mentioned you were able to connect using the wireless side of things.

The default username and password should be admin for both when logging in to the router administration area. If you are connected to your network and you can’t login to the admin panel then I can only assume the password has been changed from the default one.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Yeldarb
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Technicolor TG797n v3

Resetting the router should have no effect on your wired connection. Are you sure your ethernet has not been turned off? I assume it’s a laptop as you mentioned you were able to connect using the wireless side of things.

The default username and password should be admin for both when logging in to the router administration area. If you are connected to your network and you can’t login to the admin panel then I can only assume the password has been changed from the default one.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more