CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Technicolour TG797n v3 DynamicDNS updater not working

Answered

Hi All,

After enabling Tlestra Air and recieving the Telstra Air firmware upgrade for TG797n v3 the DynamicDNS updater service has completely stopped working.

The router also unexpenctantly reboots about once every 48hrs.

doing a factory reset via the web interface to the previous firmware makes everything start working as expected.

This is incredibly furstrating as i cannot access any of my resources from outside my local network!

Product Name: Technicolor TG797n v3
Software Version: 15.1
Firmware Version: 15.32.6209-440-RC
Hardware Version: DANT-O
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Technicolour TG797n v3 DynamicDNS updater not working

Hi CuriosityKills,

It is not possible to revert the modem to the previous firmware version. I would suggest performing a factory reset and reconfiguring the DDNS to see if this is even temporarily resolves the issue for you.

I will pass this information along to the appropriate team to test in case this is a bug that needs to be investigated. 

In the interim, if the factory default doesn't allow you to use DDNS you may wish to look into using an alternate modem/router.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

I should probably add that after a factory reset to the previous firmware, my router autoupdates to the Telstra Air firmware by the next day,

So DynamicDNS updating is still not working and i'm still having an issue.

Is there any way I can revert to the previous firmware and not have my router automatically updated by Telstra?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi CuriosityKills, 

So that we can get the best assistance for you in relation to your Dynamic DNS updater issues, I'll be flagging your post with our Social Media Tech team, who will make contact with you during the day, to assist you further. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Thanks Lindy Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi CuriosityKills,

It is not possible to revert the modem to the previous firmware version. I would suggest performing a factory reset and reconfiguring the DDNS to see if this is even temporarily resolves the issue for you.

I will pass this information along to the appropriate team to test in case this is a bug that needs to be investigated. 

In the interim, if the factory default doesn't allow you to use DDNS you may wish to look into using an alternate modem/router.

- Shelly

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Shelly,

I did a factory reset using the reset option from within the router.
I understand what you're saying about it not being possible to revert to a previous firmware but It did infact revert to the firmware that was on the router before I signed up to Telstra Air.

timeline is like this:

- Everything working fine, DDNS and all services.

- Signed up to Telstra Air

- Recieved Telstra Air firmware update a aprox 4-5 days after signing up to the service

- Noticed DynDNS no longer was updating aprox 2 after new firmware upgrade

- Used Factory reset button from within WebUI for modem to see if it would fix DynDNS

- Upon factory reset i noticed the router had reverted to pre-telstra air firmware. (DynDNS started updating properly)

- Within 48hrs router updated to Telstra Air firmware and DynDNS had stopped updating

This is a pic of the factory reset button i'm talking about. I did not click retain contacts when performing the factory reset.

modem.PNG

I'm also experiencing intermittant reboots from the router, just like the one i expected just now which is why it says uptime 3mins.

Highlighted

My DynDNS service is NoIP if that helps. (www.noip.com)

Something else i had noticed when DynDNS stopped updating after recieving the new Telstra Air firmware was that it seemed to switch my DynDNS service to IP instead of leaving it as NOIP.

This is was i saw

ip.PNG

I have since switched it to NOIP from the drop down menu (many days ago) but is it possible the router is trying to access the service "IP" instead of NoIP?

Possibly some sort of missmatch in setting when it was all migrated to the new firmware?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

As the modem is performing random restarts, please contact Tech Support to request a replacement modem. 

- Shelly

Highlighted

Thanks Shelly,

I will Smiley Happy

Also, would just like to inform you that a second factory reset seems to have fixed the DynDNS issue.

The router is updating my NoIP serivce as expected now.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that at least one of the issues have been resolved. 

- Shelly

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more