G-Mac
Level 2: Rookie

Techs continue to No Show

it is as the title says 

I ordered NBN for my apartment everything got approved but the techs just never show up to install it.

This is the 3rd time they have no showed and I have been unable to get in contact with my so called dedicated Connection Manager for my NBN order

Has this happened to anyone else as I would like to be able to use the NBN I was suppose to get connected over a week ago

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Techs continue to No Show

Have you raised the issue with Telstra (who I assuming, you ordered the service through)? They should be dealing with NBN to organise the install when it is required. They should be able to resolve your issue and give you an update. If you 'Connection Manager' is from Telstra, and you can't contact them you can try using the Support Message facility..  if you want to go further and have references, then try 

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

but that can take a few days to get action on and a case manager appointed (although Telstra may surprise you - they have surprised me by next day response, twice in the last few weeks).

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Is this the same order that you were having problems with in February?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
G-Mac
Level 2: Rookie

Yes after a 4 month battle with the telecommunications Obunsman they argeed to connect my apartment up to NBN however this is the 3rd time a tech has no showed.

As I have to take time off work to make sure someone 18+ is here for them I'm starting to lose patience very quickly from them ni showing

Jupiter

That's not good (especially after all the problems leading up to it). I'm assuming that it's an NBN Co technician that you are waiting for (they do the actual connection, a Telstra tech only sets up the modem if you require it to be done)?

If it's an NBN Co technician that hasn't been turning up. Go to Contact us form | nbn (nbnco.com.au) and lodge a complaint directly with NBN Co about the repeated failure to attend. It will ultimately be Telstra who has to organise the rebooking, but you should definitely put in a formal complaint directly.

Otherwise, if it's a Telstra Technician, then keep leaving messages for you Connection Manager. If they don't get back to you within 48 hours (they may be working rotating shifts so could be on days off), then a trip back to the Ombudsman might be required.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more