Shamane
Level 1: Cadet

TELSTA SMART MODEM GEN 2

We recently purchased a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2. We were told that there will be a technician checking our modem and connecting us to NBN ~2 weeks from the date of purchase. However, the Telstra staff told us that we can use the modem to connect to the internet prior to the technician's appointment. The staff told us that the modem will temporarily run via sim card with unlimited data.

We were able to connect to internet for two days only. The modem is not connecting to the internet anymore and the LED light stays "orange". 

Not sure what went wrong. Been talking to Telstra Agents via the Telstra App to determine why our modem stopped working even if it is supposed to using the simcard. I've been passed on to 8 different Telstra Agents all talking different things (they told me to install the LAN cables and reset. Some agents told me to remove the cables and re-set)

One week before the technician's appointment and the modem is not connecting when it was supposed to run on simcard. Very frustrating

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: TELSTA SMART MODEM GEN 2

The backup SIM gets disabled if used for a prolonged period of time. Have the support staff to checked if SIM has been disabled. They should be able to re enable the SIM if that was the cause..

Shamane
Level 1: Cadet

Re: TELSTA SMART MODEM GEN 2

Been talking to several agents now. Talked to 4 Telstra Agents over a span of 3hours this morning and they still cant pinpoint what's wrong. 

I will ask them regarding the sim if it's disabled. Thanks

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more