Bmago64
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra call guardian 301 not working

My telstra handsets and call guardian are not working. I have tried to fix this by replacing batteries in the handsets (rechargeable batteries) and the handsets are still saying not connected to base. The call guardian itself isn't lighting up anymore either. I hear the call guardian does not have its own battery compartment. So what do I do to rectify this? 

I have had this set up for 4 years now if its of any consolation, there has been a few power outages in my area recently that may have affected this.

I want to be able to use the handsets and call guardian again as currently only our landline and wifi are functional. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra call guardian 301 not working

It sounds like either the power supply to the Guardian Base is dead, or the Guardian Base itself is dead.

The only way to determine which, is to try another power supply. An electronics outlet (eg Jaycar) or repairer may be able to assist in testing it.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cf4

The fact that the base status light is of indicates either the call guardian base or the base's power supply is faulty. You could try plugging the power supply from the additional handset charger into the base. If status light still off will need to purchase a new base.

Bmago64
Level 1: Cadet

How do I get a new base? 

cf4

You might have to buy a handset and base. I don't think there sold separately. If its under 12 months old you could get it replaced under warranty by contacting Telstra support.

If your on the NBN you might be able to pair/register the handsets with the DECT base in the modem.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more