Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra gateway max cannot detect a Cable signal or is having problems connecting

I just received a new Telstra cable gateway max modem, I installed it but  internet doesn't work. I login in http://mygateway/ and noticed on the home page it indicates " Your gateway cannot detect a Cable signal or is having problems connecting. Check your gateway is connected to the 'Cable Modem' port on the filter/splitter."

I checked cable connection and I am sure it is connected properly (connect this cable to my old modem it works fine)

So how do I solve this problem?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Telstra gateway max cannot detect a Cable signal or is having problems connecting

Their server is down that does the registrations.  From the myriad of phone calls I have had with them... here is what I have found out so far.

First double check that the plan you have accepts 3.0.  That can take up to 24 hours to activate. 

Then get back on the phone and get them to find the MAC address of your modem and put in an escallation for them to do it manually.  This is where I am at the moment and it appears it will take between 24 to 48 hours (so he says) because naturally... the software with the IT section is down too.  

Many of us have been waiting over a week and there is still no ETA on this issue being resolved.  

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more