JabLab
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Gateway Max drops VPN after 20 seconds

Answered

Hi - I have a very frustrating problem that I am hoping someone can help troubleshoot.

I have Wireless NBN connected to a Telstra Gateway Max TG799vac (the black one that sits flat).

It works fine however if I connect my company laptop (via wi-fi or ethernet it doesn't matter which) and try and use CISCO Unity Connect for voice calls I lose the voice connect at exactly 20 seconds. CISCO UC software then does not work at all and I have to reset it, and my VPN connection.

The exact same laptop works fine at a different house with Telstra Bigpond Cable and an old gateway.

Wireless NBN also works fine when I disconnect the Telstra Gateway Max and use another router instead. e.g. I can use a crappy old D-Link D-624+ and the VPN / CISCO UC voice calls work fine. Likewise if I use a brand new Linksys WRT 1900 connected directly to the Wirelss NBN connection box VPN and CISCO US works perfectly.

I have tried setting the Gateway Max to bridge mode and just using my Linksys router but I had no success.

Are there any settings I can change in the TGM to stop disconnecting VOIP after 20 seconds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JabLab
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Gateway Max drops VPN after 20 seconds

I called Telstra and they offered to replace the router with a Telstra Gateway Max 2. It arrived two days later and it fixed the problem. No more drop-outs (I hope).

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Dani39
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi JabLab, 

Apologies for the delay in responding. Has this matter been resolved?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JabLab
Accepted Solution

I called Telstra and they offered to replace the router with a Telstra Gateway Max 2. It arrived two days later and it fixed the problem. No more drop-outs (I hope).

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more