Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Gateway Pro (Netgear V7610) and Apple Airport Express

Answered

Having issues using an Apple Airport Express with the Gateway Pro modem.

Using the Apple Airport in bridge mode to create another wifi network off the Gateway pro. When the Airport is connected the Gateway wifi network goes down.  I've set the Airport to a static IP address outside of DHCP addresses.

Any suggestions as to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Gateway Pro (Netgear V7610) and Apple Airport Express

One of the problems is setting IP address outside address range of DHCP of gateway pro. Use IP address within range of gateways DHCP. Use large number for 4th set of digits so that IP address is unlikely to be allocated to another device.

Use different radio channel for Airport express that has at least three channels seperation from Wi-Fi channel on gateway pro

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

One of the problems is setting IP address outside address range of DHCP of gateway pro. Use IP address within range of gateways DHCP. Use large number for 4th set of digits so that IP address is unlikely to be allocated to another device.

Use different radio channel for Airport express that has at least three channels seperation from Wi-Fi channel on gateway pro

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks. Have set it up as per your recommendation.

Do you recommend setting a static IP address for the Airport express or just use DHCP?

Highlighted

I recommend a statitic IP address then if you need to log in to it to change settings you can use that address.

Highlighted

Understood. It's not such an issue with Airport routers as you can log in via the Airport Utility to change settings, but it still makes sense.

Changing the IP address back within the DHCP range seems to have fixed my issue.  I thought it made sense to have it outside the DHCP range but obviously I'm no expert Smiley Happy Thanks again for your help.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more