Level 24: Supreme Being

Telstra Gen 2 Smart Modem LH1000 Firmware 0.11.11r, WiFi shown as off on login screen.

Answered

I have noticed that since updating to firmware LH1000 that the WiFi although turned off is shown as off on the modem's log in page. See images below, first is of the modem's login page in a desktop browser and the second is of the modem Login Device Status page on an smart phone browser. Has anyone else noticed that the WiFi although on is shown as off?

LH1000 Desktop Browser Login pageLH1000 Android browser Login Status page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 8: Inspector
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Gen 2 Smart Modem LH1000 Firmware 0.11.11r, WiFi shown as off on login screen.

No my LH1000 Firmware is 11.11r and my wifi is ON.

I suggest restarting your router to fix otherwise try a factory reset of router.

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 8: Inspector
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Gen 2 Smart Modem LH1000 Firmware 0.11.11r, WiFi shown as off on login screen.

No my LH1000 Firmware is 11.11r and my wifi is ON.

I suggest restarting your router to fix otherwise try a factory reset of router.

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”

View solution in original post

Thanks, rebooting modem using GUI fixed the problem.

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

For info only - since last November when I migrated to NBN,  on all four firmware versions since 0.07.05r, it has intermittently presented false indications of the Wi-Fi status on the log-in screen and sometimes in earlier versions, the rear Wi-Fi LED was OFF but the function still worked. Some months ago I tried a Restart which didn't fix matters, so I left it alone and it came good eventually - maybe with successive firmware updates. However it has only misbehaved once on 0.11.11r and auto fixed itself on next day's PC log-in - I don't turn my modem off. Maybe it gets confused if the Telstra AI Wi-Fi Doctor is communicating its check routine with the modem at the same time.

I also find it strange that the list of devices connected to Wi-Fi network do not refresh as indicated by the auto time counter on the page, it seems as if the modem is reserving those IP addresses for when visitors come back over with their devices. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more