stolk61
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Gen2 Smart Modem Sim Pin Code

Answered

I received a new Gen2 modem (DJA0231) and installed OK, except for the Mobile 4G sim backup.  Mobile is Enabled but the service is Disabled.

When looking at the Mobile settings for the SIM, there is a Pin Protection set which requires PIN Code to enable the SIM.  I have not received a pin, can you advise where I am to find the PIN code for the modem?

Thanks

Steven 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stolk61
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Gen2 Smart Modem Sim Pin Code

The problem has righted itself. Thanks for the help received, but it appears that the sim will connect over a period of time, maybe 24hrs?

I don't have a sim pin and probably don't need one as suggested. Patience is what was needed 😊

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

I have never seen a SM2 with the SIM PIN set , out of the box.

Try a full factory reset, use a straightened paper clip to press the rececessed reset button, near the SIM port, near LAN2. With the power on press that button for 15 secs, until the front light changes..  then check the 4G SIM settings again. If thr reset doesn't clear it, then you will need to contact Telstra Support - 132200

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The Pin Protection Status is normally disabled. If the mobile signal light on the back of the modem is green then the 4G mobile backup is working correctly. You can test mobile backup by going to the  Configuration Tab. placing a tick next to "Mobile Only Mode" and saving settings. Wait a few seconds and if backup is working correctly front light will turn blue and Mobile Mode light will turn green.

stolk61

Thx Stevo, tried the reset option. No joy. I will ring support as you suggest. 

Cheers

stolk61

Thx cf4, no luck with that option. I will have to get on the phone I suspect 

Cheers

stolk61
Accepted Solution

The problem has righted itself. Thanks for the help received, but it appears that the sim will connect over a period of time, maybe 24hrs?

I don't have a sim pin and probably don't need one as suggested. Patience is what was needed 😊

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more