Bluenage
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra Smart Modem 2 Arcadyan LH1000

Answered

Hi All

Yesterday I received our new NBN modem, the current firmware is 0.13.01r.  According to the Telstra website the updated firmware is 0.14.12r.

How is my modem updated and when is it likely to occur?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bluenage
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem 2 Arcadyan LH1000

Telstra updated the firmware yesterday.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

The updates occur at Telstra whim..

In most cases they occur overnight, but not always..

Sometimes you can force a firmware update by doing a power cycle of the modem, with the power off for several minutes. it is not a constient thing, sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't. It is also the same case if you disconnect your NBN sevice and force the modem into 4G back-up (which is something you should do as a test anyway so you know what happens in that situation).

There is no official manual for the modem, but the Help facility is useful and @cf4 (an esteemed contributor here) has put together an unofficial one as a pdf, that you may find useful. 

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/modems-hardware/telstra-smart-modem-gen-2-arcadyan-version-lh...

My own experience with the Arcadyan LH1000 modem (which is what you have) is that on first power up WITHOUT the NBN connected, the modem does updates in succession.  But, not always!. The incosistency and inability to do updates manuall is my biggest gripe with the Smart Modem 2's. Otherwise I quite like them.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Bluenage

Hi Steve

Thank you mate, will try later, when less people are using the connection.

SteveW_52

You don't have to try to force the update, if you leave it then Telstra will push it out to you..  but can't say with certainty when that would be..

If you are going to try the 4G backup..  there is a PDP setting in Advanced, Internet, LTE page that you should set to IPv4v6 (make sure you save it!)

Also, look at the Wi-Fi page and perhaps disable Band Steering - this will give you two separate Wi-Fi networks one at 2.4 GHz using the same network name and password as you have already and a seperate 5 GHz network with the same name but with -5G added (same password). That way, when you connect a device you can select which network you want rather than let the modem decide for you dynamically. Make sure to save each setting you change.

Also in Wi-Fi, each network (2.4 and 5 Ghz) has a setting for Protected Mode Frames (PMF) which can cause problems with older devices, so you can choose to turn that off as well - again save after each setting change...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Bluenage
Accepted Solution

Telstra updated the firmware yesterday.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more