CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Telstra Smart Modem DJA0230 can't set up port forwarding for devices connected to WiFi extender.

I am unable to set up port forwarding for devices connected to a WiFi range extender.

When devices are connected through a WiFi range extender they don't appear directly connected to the modem. See image below.

If you try to set up a port forwarding rule for the device the Smart modem changes the IP address of the device to that of the extender when you save the rule. Because the port is now forwarded to the extender instead of the devices the device does not work.

This problem has been mentioned before in a previous post

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Port-Forward-Telstra-Smart-Gateway-Technicolo...

Does any one have a solution for this problem?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Telstra Smart Modem DJA0230 can't set up port forwarding for devices connected to WiFi extender.

I have found my own solution to the problem. Instead of setting up port forwarding on the Advanced > WAN services page. Set the port forwarding up using the Services > Port Forwarding page. The Services > Port Forwarding page does not have the MAC address column therefore when the rules are saved the IP address sticks. It does not change from IP address of the device to that of the extender.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more