Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 blue/yellow flashing lights?

Answered

Just got a new Telstra Gen 2 Modem, as NBN has just come into our neighbourhood. We needed an NBN compatible modem, so Telstra sent us one, and we were under the impression we would stay on our current connection until the NBN properly connected.

Setup was easy, but for the past few hours, it has been routinely  rebooting.

It starts off as green (connected and fine) but then it flashes yellow and blue for about 20 seconds before rebooting. 

I have had a look elsewhere, but I can’t seem to find another person with the same issue. I have tried restarting it, but it always seems to fall back into restarting after about 5 mins. 

WHYYYY! It is irritating and the wifi was fine before I switched it, considering it is still technically the same connection, just a different modem.

Does anybody else have the same problem, or know of how I could fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 blue/yellow flashing lights?

The flashing lights indicate modem is updating firmware, This might happen up to 5 times when modem is first installed, Don't turn modem off but if continues to happen more than 5 yimes contact support, Telstra should place a warning sticker on the modem warning about these update. You are not the first to have this happen.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The flashing lights indicate modem is updating firmware, This might happen up to 5 times when modem is first installed, Don't turn modem off but if continues to happen more than 5 yimes contact support, Telstra should place a warning sticker on the modem warning about these update. You are not the first to have this happen.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Your absolutely right! It was just weird that it connected to the internet for several minutes before disconnecting.

i knew about firmware updates, but on the post about flashing lights it mention flashing between green orange blue and white, so I was concerned that it wasn’t going to plan.

thanks again!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more