Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 Technicolor DJA0231

Hi i like to set my Gen 2 Technicolor modem as a switch/router (extra LAN port) or 2nd wifi (as booster or 2ndary). I have my Gen2 Arcadyan connected to NBN box.

I have read the articles here re bridge mode, but its not working properly.

Here is what i did:-

1) Remove SIM or disable mobile mode

2) Change LAN ip to 192.168.0.200

3) Turn OFF DHCP

4) Setup reserved static ip address, host name Telstra and ip 192.168.0.200 on the Technicolor modem

After saving these , i dont seem able to connect to the Technicolor wifi SSID? I even tried in LAN setting to confirm Bridging, which takes a few min to restart modem, but after that i am unable to connect to SSDI? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 Technicolor DJA0231

Have you connected the DJA0231 to a LAN port on the LH1000.

Highlighted

I just connected the DJA0231 to  LH1000, if i connect WAN port to LH1000, i notice the DJA0231 light turn green however there is internet neither via wifi nor LAN port. But if i connect both via LAN port, the LH1000 wifi SSID changed into the DJA0231's SSID and there is internet on both LAN ports? I was hoping to have both devices wifi SSID to be working and with internet connection, is that possible?

Highlighted

It looks like the the DJA0231 has not been bridged. If you can still access the DJAO231 full GUI via http://192.168.0.200 then modem is not Bridged.

I am surprised the the LH1000 SSID changed to the DJA0231 SSID. I have never seen that happen whether the second modem was bridge or in normal mode.

Highlighted

I am not sure if Bridge occur because once the DJA0231's SSID transfered over to LH1000, the LH1000 's SSID simply vanished? When i connect to the only SSID i can see which is DJA0231's, infact i am connecting to LH1000 very odd? I am no longer able to get access to DJA0231. After half hr of connecting the 2 modem, the wifi become completely unstable. I need to disconnect the 2 modem and power cycle the LH1000, to get it working normally again , although not on its original SSID. In the LH1000 GUI, its not possible to rename or change the WIFI SSID unless i reset the modem which i think i will just leave it as is.

In conclusion, i think you maybe correct the bridge did not occur and the 2 NAT must have clashed and causing the WIFI to crash?

Looks like even if the Bridge successful, the 2 modem will not be able to maintain 2 WIFI SSID? Thx

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

Hi - if your current configuration is not ideal or resolved, you may wish to consider an alternative setup which does not involve formal Bridging. Connecting or Cascading modems/routers can be configured with respective additional settings in two ways , Primary LAN port - Secondary LAN port (one Network) or Primary LAN port to Secondary WAN port (two networks).

In my home, I have a LAN to LAN , one network configuration between the downstairs Arcadyan LH:1000 joined by Ethernet cable upstairs to Apple Time Capsule (which is in 'Bridge'* Mode and DHCP OFF) ; all one network in a static environment under the control of the Arcadyan DHCP Server.

* term used by Apple, but the ATC still broadcasts its own Wi-Fi Network and allows LAN devices to connect to it (getting their IP address from the Arcadyan DHCP Server) and allows access its Network admin app called Airport Utility. All devices connected to it use the Arcadyan for access to the Internet. Its a set and forget static network - i.e. I don't fiddle with it.

Downstairs I have a small hobby test desk where I experiment with modems to learn about network technologies using different modems that are Ethernet connected to the Arcadyan. In that link I use LAN to WAN or two networks for ease of connection and separation of configuration. It also allows for a quick and easy substitution of modems as there is no IP address conflict - some have their own non conflicting IP address or if they have 192.168.0.1 as Default, I change it to 192.168.1.1 (stick a label on it ) so it is always different from the Arcadyan.

In this arrangement I have double NAT, but I have no issues with it for my needs. It is effectively a secondary remote Access Point. I can use the additional LAN ports on the secondary modem, have different SSIDs (can be named the same, but for my experiments, I like to see them different - handy to know which network you are connecting to for my legacy 2.4 Ghz iPad access) and get immediate access to the Internet through the Arcadyan.

Yesterday I set up a LAN-WAN network link between the Arcadyan and a newly acquired DJA0231.

1. Connect PC direct to DJA0231, change its Default address to 192.168.1.1, edit the range to Start 192.168.1.2 - End 192.168.254 then SAVE and Logout. I noticed before I logged out that the Network address above the Range Start IP address changed from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.1.0 and it would not allow any further editing.

2. Connect Ethernet cable between Arcadyan LAN port and DJA0231 WAN port. Restart the DJA0231 from within the Modem Tile screen menus. After reboot, I had connection to the Internet straight away and could see all default SSIDs of both modems on devices. I prefer to Disable Bandsteering on the 2.4Ghz page so I can see the 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz bands separately.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted

Thanks so much, it finally work as per your step instructions. I also have a Telstra Gateway Max modem C6300BD-1TLAUS, I followed this same steps but under the LAN setting, DHCP server Starting IP Address 192.168.0.2  & Ending IP Address 192.168.0.254 refuse to modify, i am able to change the LAN IP address from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.10.1. But after saving this, the connection cuts out (laptop connection to Max Lan port), even connection to the Max SSID result in error.

I also tried WAN setup, change from NAT - IPv4 only to NAT - Disable (Bridge Mode), this also did not work and unable to access its GUI.

Hope you can assist further , thanks.

Highlighted

The problem with the LAN to WAN setup is that you have two separate networks, this makes it hard or impossible to share resources such as network printers on one network with devices on the second network. The other main problem is that devices connected to the second.modem are behind two NATs, the devices have internet access but some apps such as peer to peer games don't work.

When you change the IP address in Gateway Max to 192.168.10.1 the gateway reboots and automatically adjust the DHCP server. That is why you are disconnected. Once gateway has rebooted you should be able to log in using new IP address.

NAT Disabled (Bridge Mode) bridges the gateway max. To gain access to the GUI browse to http://192.168.100.1

In bridge mode you should be able to connect a LAN port on the Smart modem to a LAN port on the Gateway Max and have internet access.

Highlighted

I have done some more experimentation with the Telstra Gateway Max and in Bridge Mode there is no internet access when a LAN port is connected to a LAN port of the main modem. 

To use the Telstra Gateway Max as WiFi access point and switch with the Smart modem Gen 2

1. .Log into the gateway http://192.168.100.1, user ID is admin password is password.
  2. Go to Advanced > LAN. Change IP address to 192,168.0.xx were xx is a number between 2 and 254 that is not in use example 192.168.0.200
  3. Disable DHCP
  4. Apply settings.
  5. Disconnect programing device.
  6. Once Gateway has rebooted connect LAN port of Gateway to LAN port of Gen 2 modem.
  7. Reconnect a device to gateway. 
  8. Should have internet access and be able to access Gateways GUI at new IP address.
Highlighted

In the Gateway Max LAN setting , i change IP address to 192.168.10.1, tick off DHCP & save, this will reboot & i will no longer be able to access the Gateway Max GUI. I tried 192.168.10.1, 192.168.100.1 & 192.168.0.1, they go to blank error page.

So i reset & tried the Bridge method, under WAN i select NAT - Disable & save, this reboot the Gateway Max and entering 192.168.100.1 allow access to GUI however some of the menu setting ie LAN is not present. Because of this i am unable to modify the LAN to 192.168.0.200. But as you mention correctly  this method of Bridge mode does not result in internet access.

Then as per your 2nd msg, i reset the modem again, go into LAN and change my ip to 192.168.0.200, tick off DHCP and save, this reboot the Gateway Max. Finally the internet connection is establised via LAN port & WIFI SSID.However i am unable to access the Gateway Max GUI either via LAN port or WIFI SSID? I tried 192.168.0.200 & 192.168.100.1 (error page). 192.168.0.1 let me into Arcadyan GUI & 192.168.0.1.1 direct me to DJA0231's. I even tried going into 192.168.0.1 to look at ethernet connection IP but its not there?

Highlighted

Hi - just a few observations. Reading your experiences has confirmed in my mind that formal Bridge Mode works differently between vendors. I had a failed attempt with it using a DJA0230 with one of my neighbours and resorted to a two network solution in the end which suited his work station area needs - Wi-Fi Access Point, 3 LAN linked PCs and a local printer all inside his shipping container office. In my home, I use a LAN-LAN and a LAN-WAN for both network configurations; we have a networked colour laser printer upstairs and two local mono laser printers, one for upstairs and the other for downstairs. At my age, gaming is not something that interests me.

In Tuesday's original post, the single LAN-LAN network you attempted to set up - that should have worked if you had restarted the DJA0231 as the final installation step before you attempted to connect for Internet - did you do that?  I agree with cf4, one network is by far easier to manage and preferred if that is what is important to you. There are circumstances where a two network solution is more suitable. Some people have tenants or run home business and don't want tenants or children to access any part of their LAN, apart from the Internet, so a two separate network solution is ideal for them. I actually have yet to discover the benefit of a formal Bridge configuration  - I think the LAN-LAN or the LAN-WAN would suit most people's needs. 

Have you ever had a Telstra Wi-Fi Booster connected to either of the Gen 2 modems before as the DJA0231 appears to be confused and is behaving as the Master Controller for its integrated EasyMesh Network which usually occurs when you connect a Telstra Wi-Fi Booster to it. It appears to be treating the Arcadyan as a Wi-Fi Booster, assigning a single SSID to the home network. The only way I can think of remedying this is to Factory Reset both modems which may be a pain given all the work you have done so far. 

With your C6300BD-1TLAUS, as part of the initial programming, did you Disable the HFC WAN and Enable the Ethernet WAN before you attempted to link it to the Arcadyan in either  a LAN-LAN or LAN to WAN arrangement.

I like to make configurations as simple as possible, easier to understand and troubleshoot, and there may be some compromises you learn to live with. I think with Bridge Mode, for me, as in the movie, is "A Bridge Too Far". If you can avoid using it, a viable alternative as described above should work. You have done a lot of work and I admire your persistency.  

Highlighted

@rmt6668 wrote:

Then as per your 2nd msg, i reset the modem again, go into LAN and change my ip to 192.168.0.200, tick off DHCP and save, this reboot the Gateway Max. Finally the internet connection is establised via LAN port & WIFI SSID.However i am unable to access the Gateway Max GUI either via LAN port or WIFI SSID? I tried 192.168.0.200 & 192.168.100.1 (error page). 192.168.0.1 let me into Arcadyan GUI & 192.168.0.1.1 direct me to DJA0231's. I even tried going into 192.168.0.1 to look at ethernet connection IP but its not there?

When I set the Gateway Max up as the access point I was using the DJA0231 as my primary router. I have since used the LH1000 as the primary router and you are correct even though there is internet access can not access the Gateway Max's GUI. This goes to show that if a certain configuration works with one model router you can't assume you will get the same results with a different model router.

Edit

Just noticed there is another device using IP address 200 in device list (Advanced > Local Network Devices) although it is not connected.

Highlighted

Reset Gateway Max changed IP address to 192.168.0.20 (a address not in the Arcadyan Device list) and disabled DHCP in Gateway Max.

Now have internet access plus can access Gateway Max's GUI.

I am not going to try using the DJA0231 as an access point as it takes two hours to apply all my custom settings but I have used it as an access point in the past using the same setup. The only additional setting was disabling IPv6 in the DJA0231.

Highlighted

Hi, yes i have abandoned using Bridge mode because there is no internet connection & the GUI menu is limited and LAN setting is absent. Your suggestion LH1000 LAN to DJA0231 WAN connection work but i just tested as you mentioned there are limitation eg. the Telstra TV box connected to LH1000 via LAN work fine but perform sluggishly when plug into DJA0231 LAN port ie some icon menu screen picture is blank. This applies also to moonbox , door intercom etc. Although these devices can connect via WIFi, the result is the same btw the 2 modems.

You are correct when the LAN to LAN connection was attempted, not only did the SSID was transfered from DJA0231 to LH1000, in the GUI menu under WIFi there is additional setting for WIFI Booster, hence the reason for the single SSID.

However i decided to opt for the LAN to WAN connection but the result is the limitations, not sure how to overcome this?

For the CB6300BD, i did not disable HFC WAN & Enable WAN but will try that tonight, but should i connect CB6300BD to LH1000 or DJA0231? Via WAN to LAN (i prefer) or via LAN to LAN? Previous attempt  i connected LAN to LAN with DJA0231, should i try with LH1000 or it does not make any difference?

Highlighted

Hi, is it better to connect the Gateway Max to LH1000 being the primary router or the DJA0231? I will try your suggestion once you confirm. Thanka

Highlighted

I would use the DJA0231 as primary router because that router has functions that are not fully supported on the LH1000 that I require such as more than 10 static leases and full NAT support.

Highlighted

Hi - Difficult question to answer - I like to start at a one network solution a LAN to LAN configuration, one management regime and when the stars in alignment, all things should just work - set and forget. If that doesn't work then to a two network configuration. Some things are just not as expected with your modems - have you factory reset them from within the GUI screens to hopefully flush our any possible code corruptions. Current  versions are -

The Arcadyan LH:1000 should be at V 0.10.05r firmware.

The Technicolor DJA0231 should be at 18.1.c 0462-950-RB firmware.

Can we confirm a few things regarding sluggishness of devices that when transferred or are connected to the DJA0231 ( Arcadyan LAN to DJA0231WAN) in secondary modem mode. Forgive my basic questions  - in case a 2.4 Ghz radio in a modem is faulty.

1. Is the Wi-Fi LED ON at the back of the 'sluggish' modem and is it Enabled within the GUI screen. Are the two modems physically separated by a very long Ethernet Cable or are they close to one another which may cause some confusion in competing signal strengths?

2. Is the Telstra TV connected with an Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?

3. If Wi-Fi, which SSID did you select to pair it to - the 2.4 Ghz strong signal or the 5Ghz weak signal ?

4. Which TV Model do you have - a 4200 (802.11 b/g/n 2.4Ghz) or a 4700/4701 ( 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz). If it is either of the latter , it can connect in legacy very slow 5Ghz mode or current higher speed 5GHz mode depending on circumstances.

5. Are the Moonface and Intercom devices 2.4Ghz only?

5. I don't recall, are you using the Default SSID name or have you customised the SSID.

6. Have you Disabled Bandsteering in the 2.4Ghz radio page and confirmed with a SAVE. You should see two separate SSIDs, a 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz for each modem. The Bandsteering allots a preference to the 5Ghz band over the 2.4Ghz, depressing its signaling capabilities in an attempt to minimise interference sometimes experienced on the 2.4Ghz band. It causes more problems than it solves - I always Disable it.

Highlighted

Hi, after reset Gateway Max and change IP to 192.168.0.22 (unable to change to 20), disable DHCP, GatewayMax automatically reboots. I connected LAN to LAN with DJA0231, restart Gateway Max & i am able to establis internet connection. However I still unable to access Gateway Max otherwise the WIFI & LAN internet access works?

Highlighted

Does 192.168.0.22 appear in the list off devices in the DJA0231 modem at Advanced > Devices?

Highlighted

Hi, confirm the following:-

The Arcadyan LH:1000  is V 0.10.05r firmware.

The Technicolor DJA0231 is 18.1.c 0462-950-RB firmware.

Previously I have forgotten to disable Bandsteering, so i proceeded to disable them all (LH1000, DJA0231 & CB6300BD).

When i tested the connection of the devices (Telstra TV Box 4200TL-2.4ghz) i primarily make sure its LAN to LAN port, not  via WIFI. 

The 3 modems are side by side (1-2cm apart), the LAN cable used to connect them are the standard approx 1.5M length.

The Moonbox & Door Intercom are 2.4ghz band only but i am  connecting them using their LAN port to either the LH1000 (primary router) or DJA0231. The issue i am encountering is that if I connect to LH1000 LAN port, the connection to Telstra TV Box 4200TL, Moonbox & Door Intercom works fine. But if these devices are connected to DJA0231 LAN port then the sluggish issue occurs.

Highlighted

One thing that might be causing this is WiFi interference. To reduce change the WiFi channel in each modem to a fixed channel with at least 5 channels separation between the channells on each modem.

example 2.4 GHz

LH1000 channel 1

DJA0231 channel 6

CG6300 channel 11

Highlighted

Hi, DJA0231 GUI list of Ethernet/Wire IP, 192.168.0.22 is not listed instead there are a few blank LAN IP with Devixe Name "unknown" and 1  whose Device Name "mygateway" (services-> Port Forwarding).The IP is "blank".

I have tested  connecting my laptop to Gateway Max via LAN port, tried 192.168.0.22 it reach a blank error page. However 192.168.0.1  reach LH1000 GUI and 192.168.1.1 reach DJA0231 GUI.

Highlighted

Hi, i will try these settings later and share the result. Can i have all 3 modems WIFI SSID named the same to boost the wifi signal? Also disable Bandsteering?

Highlighted

Your Telstra TV 4200 is a 10/100 Mbps device  - that is why it may appear sluggish. If you connect it with Wi-Fi, it may or not be any faster? When you connect LAN to LAN and you can't access the Gateway Max, which modem is the PC connected to, the DJA0231 or the Gateway Max?

Highlighted

The laptop is connected to Gateway Max via LAN, unable to access GUI.

The Telstra TV Box 4200 is fine when connect to LH1000 (primary router) LAN. But when Telstra TV Box 4200 is conncted to DJA0231's LAN port, the issue occurs. This apply to the other devices as well, they all work better when connected to LH1000 (primary router). I notice also the connection to LH1000 is faster compared to DJA0231 (LAN to LAN, as well as WIFI)?

Highlighted

@rmt6668 wrote:

Hi, i will try these settings later and share the result. Can i have all 3 modems WIFI SSID named the same to boost the wifi signal? Also disable Bandsteering?

Having all the modems grouped together will not boost the WiFi signal. You will get WiFi interference between the modems even when using separate channels. If the modems are spread thought the premises to boost the WiFi in locations of poor WiFi coverage from main modem then it is a good idea to have them all use the same SSID. If access points all use same SSID devices will automatically connect to access point with strongest signal. I prefer to have band steering disabled as I like to manually connect all the devices that support 5 GHz to the 5 GHz WiFi band.

Highlighted

Ok all 3 modem now on 3 seperate SSID dual band with band steering disabled. Only 2 issue:-

1) unable to access Gateway Max GUI

2) Telstra TV 4200 LAN port to DJA0231 connection issue (slow/sluggish).

Highlighted

Is DJA0231 connected by LAN or WAN to the primary modem?

Highlighted

The wired connections is as follow:-

LH1000 LA (primary router)---DJA0231 WAN

DJA0231 LAN ----CB6300BD LAN

Highlighted

I think all is OK and maybe a peculiarity of the LAN-LAN configuration at play.

Firstly, when the Telstra TV is connected to the DJA0231, on the Home screen map, what is the operating speed showing for the device - 10 Mbps? Then connect the Telstra TV to the Arcadyan and see the same screen details -100 Mbps? How do you sense that it is slower on the DJA0231 by watching a movie - it is only going to be 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps; I not familiar with how the Telstra TV auto assigns it speed settings?   

I think your LAN-LAN network may be performing like my Arcadyan to Apple Time Capsule LAN-LAN Network - this is one of the peculiarities I was referring earlier on you learn to adjust to.

An Ethernet connected Windows 10 PC on my Arcadyan (DHCP Server) can ping the Apple (ATC) IP address 192.168.0.200 but it is prevented from connecting direct to the Apple GUI via the IP address in a Browser - suspect either a Firewall issue at play there or because I don't have Apple's Airport Utility on my Windows PC. It doesn't worry me as I prefer to be at the Mini Mac when I very rarely have to do any check on it - maybe three times in eight years) - its a Set and Forget static environment for it upstairs. On the Mini Mac, I have to use the Apple Airport Utility to access the ATC - if I type 192.168.0.200 into the Mini Mac's web browser - I get blocked. *

The Mini Mac connected via Ethernet to my Apple Time Capsule can ping the primary modem Arcadyan on 192.168.0.1 and it can open up the Arcadyan GUI screen from the Mini Mac. Once again, I don't use that feature as all my experiments on the Arcadyan are done downstairs where I have direct connection.

Prior to connecting a cable from your laptop to the CG63000BD, can you Restart the PC so that its Ethernet Adaptor credentials are empty, then connect the laptop to the CG3000. You are able to connect to the Internet as you will have been assigned a new IP address from the Arcadyan DHCP Server; the CG3000BD DHCP Server was Disabled.

* This is my best guess and how I previously came to terms with my LAN-LAN setup years ago. I am not technically qualified in these matters. 

From your laptop connected the CG3000BD, when you attempt to log into the GUI's static IP address that you assigned to the CG3000BD, your laptop sends that GUI IP address to the Arcadyan, which is the Master DHCP traffic controller for both modems - it associates that IP address to the CG3000BD's MAC address and then Arcadyan LAN switch attempts to connect you back to the CG3000BD's IP/MAC address but is stopped by the CG3000 BD's Firewall. You could test the theory by Disabling the Firewall in the CG3000BD, but I like to leave things as secure as they can be.   

A two network LAN-WAN configuration also has its peculiarities, so comes down to what suits your needs. 

Highlighted

If using the LH1000 as the primary router I would connect the Gateway Max LAN port to a LAN port on Gateway Max. You should now have access to its GUI. I only suggested connecting to DJA0231 thinking you might use DJA0231 as the primary router.

One thing that might be causing a problem with Telstra TV if is the DJA0231 in this configuration is not supporting IPv6. To checheck this open a web browser on device connected to DJA0231 and go to https://ipv6-test.com/

Highlighted

Ok, connect Gateway Max to LH1000 (primary router) instead of DJA0231, is that via WAN to LAN or LAN to LAN? Currently DJA0231 is connected WAN to LAN with LH1000?

I check DJA0231's GUI, its IPv6 status is disconnected and LAN menu, "IPv6 State" is tick OFF.  

Highlighted

Connect LAN of Gateway Max to LAN of LH1000.

If the WAN of DJA0231 is connected to LAN of LH1000 then IPv6 should be enabled on LH1000 and DJA0231

Highlighted

Hi, i ran the ipv6 website test on DJA0231 whose WAN port is connected to LH1000 LAN port, the result is "no ipv6 address detected".

I had already entered DJA0231 GUI to turn ON the ipv6 and assigned google 8.8.8.8 IP address being primary and 8.8.4.4 as secondary, after saving, i check the broadband status, the ipv6 is still indicating " disconnected". Do i need to reboot DJA0231 for it to take effect?

i will try the Gateway Max LAN to DJA0231 LAN connection later once resolve the ipv6 issue. The ipv6 test on Gateway Max is also " no ipv6 address detected"?

Highlighted

IPv6 setting in the DJA0231 is just for the LAN side of the modem and only takes effect when device connected to modemare disconnected and then reconnected. To get an IPv6 address on the WAN of the DJA0231 IPv6 has to be enabled in the LH1000. You might have to disconnect and reconnect the DJA0231 for setting to take effect.

Highlighted

Hi, i have check ipv6 and ipv4 is both enable & connected in LH1000(primary router).

i have reset DJA0231 again x3 times, configured the LAN IP 192.168.1.1 with ipv6 enabled, connect WAN port to LH1000 LAN &reboot.Unfortunately only ipv4 is connected & ipv6 is still disconnected?

Highlighted

In the LH1000 Modem do other devices connected directly to the LH1000 have a IPv6 address (Advanced > Local Network > Devices)

Highlighted

Hi, Telstra TV connected to LH1000 shows connection as Ethernet/ Wired , Link Speed 100 Mbps however when connected to DJA0231, it show connection as WIFI & Link Speed 72.222 Mbps.

As mentioned the sluggishness is where the list of tiled icons, some icons are blank, this occur only when Telstra TV is connected to DJA0231. Slowness/sluggishness occur when connecting the door intercom wifi,  the image takes 20 seconds to load, display screenshot of 10 or more seconds interval & freezes. Re- connecting at times result in blank dark screen. 

I will try connecting the LH1000 LAN to C6300BD LAN & disable Firewall later, because it may have the same issue as the DJA0231 which maybe caused by the ipv6 being "disconnected". Still trying to figure out how to get ipv6 connected?

Highlighted

Hi, in LH1000 devices list under Ethernet type connection with IPv6 address , i can only see 1? The host name is device-............(series of letter/numbers)?

Highlighted

Hi - My understanding is that IPV6 is only engaged as required when a device within a network needs to be connected to a publicly routable address, it is not required for any internal private network connectivity or any intra connectivity between cascading modems, the front end router, if it is required will handle that, and if it is not present the carrier's network servers can handle the translation through various paths in the Internet. 

The 4G Back Up WAN uses IPV6, so every device used during its requirement period will be connected to the Internet with its unique IPV6 identity - if activated within the device's Adaptor Properties.  The IPV6 address of a device includes the embedded MAC address of the device for unique identity for connection to the Internet without any NAT translation being involved. 

I think there are some Gremlins in my Arcadyan modem when displaying the IPV6 status - when IPV6 is ON, not all active devices show their IPV6 address alongside their IPV4 address. The Technicolor modem just doesn't seem to display the device IPV6 address next to its IPV4 address. So with the DJA0231, if IPV6 is ON, it works - you just don't seem to see the unique addresses for the devices. 

1. Arcadyan - IPV6 Enabled. On the Home screen, when I select my HP Netbook for exploded view, it connects me to my Mini Mac showing me its IPV4 and IPV6 address - obviously a glitch. When I select my iPad, it shows me the IPV4 and IPV6 address of the iPad accurately. 

2. Technicolor DJA0231 [ I was lucky to get it from 0215---> 0347, awaiting a sign from above for an upgrade, currently quarantined at 18.1.c.0347-950-RC] - IPV6 Enabled. Devices only show IPV4 address - no IPV6 address shown for any device - mustn't be a feature of the modem? 

3. I connected my old Samsung Blueray player which has a 10/100 Mbps - it appears as a 100 Mbps device in the Home screen of the Arcadyan. 

4. The Telstra TV 4200 sluggishness in remote control, screen refresh or tile fill response is more likely to be associated with its CPU and RAM - time for an upgrade? [Use your Telstra Plus membership points to get one]. It has a Dual Core ARM 1Ghz CPU with 512 Mb RAM. The current 4701TL model is designed to handle 4K HDR, has a Quad Core MStar C2 CPU, 2GB RAM - it will run the pants off a kangaroo!

5. The Wi-Fi speeds of 72.2 Mbps are very good for a budget 2.4Ghz device - Netflix only requires 5 Mbps for HD and 25 Mbps for Ultra HD (4K) - you don't have any concerns there with insufficient bandwidth for the Telstra TV - its the CPU that can't cope with what is being presented to it. I upgraded my Apple TV3 to the Apple TV4K for the same reason - great decision. 

Highlighted

Thanks, you are absolutely correct. I finally resolve the issues and connection after going through your messages . I connected the CB6300BD as 1 network and DJA0231 as 2nd network.  In C6300BD,  change default IP to 192.168.0.xx (avail.ip), disable DHCP & turn off WIFI (incl. LH1000), Apply & auto reboot. Then connect LH1000 LAN to C6300BD LAN port and 1 network connection is established. This fixed the Telstra TV issue, it must connect under one network.

Then i connect the DJA0231 WAN port to CB6300BD LAN port (2nd network).

The IPv6 is only establised in LH1000 but not the 2 other modem. I notice when NBN box modem is turn off, the LH1000 connects to LTE (mobile) backup, it connect to IPv6 only.

Another observation, the DJA0231 is able to access all 3 GUI however, the 2 others only able to access their 2 GUI but not DJA0231.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more