Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 with 4G Backup

Answered

Hi Can someone help me here please?

im desperate need of a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 with 4G (Cellular) backup.

ive searched on third party sites to buy one, I’ve got FTTN NBN.

ive seen ones with Pink boxes, blue boxes, green boxes, orange boxes what do the colours of the boxes mean? What’s difference between the green box and the pink box?

16 years Telco veteran, ask me anything you need, whether it’s mobile, hardware, modem, internet, laptop, PC, MTD, Apple, Samsung, Android.. I could be able to help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 with 4G Backup

The difference between the boxes indicate different versions and also what type off NBN connection the modem is to be used for.

All the modems are suitable for NBN the only difference is in the cords and instructions supplied with the modems.

Green and Blue - Purple is for Gen 2 Smart modems DJAO231 (Technicolor) and LH1000 (Arcadyan).

Blue - Purple Gen 1.1 DJA0230 Gen 1 (Telstra Smart modem)

Blue - Purple Gen 1 DJN2130 (Telstra Gateway Frontier)

I havent seen any orange boxes with Telstra Smart modems in them but I have seen them with Telstra Gateway modems for cable connections. The Orange ones might have a smart modem and cable adapter.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The difference between the boxes indicate different versions and also what type off NBN connection the modem is to be used for.

All the modems are suitable for NBN the only difference is in the cords and instructions supplied with the modems.

Green and Blue - Purple is for Gen 2 Smart modems DJAO231 (Technicolor) and LH1000 (Arcadyan).

Blue - Purple Gen 1.1 DJA0230 Gen 1 (Telstra Smart modem)

Blue - Purple Gen 1 DJN2130 (Telstra Gateway Frontier)

I havent seen any orange boxes with Telstra Smart modems in them but I have seen them with Telstra Gateway modems for cable connections. The Orange ones might have a smart modem and cable adapter.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

This has been so helpful and really knowledgeable.. thank you so much for your great help it really is appreciated.

16 years Telco veteran, ask me anything you need, whether it’s mobile, hardware, modem, internet, laptop, PC, MTD, Apple, Samsung, Android.. I could be able to help.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more