Chris_1
Level 1: Cadet

TELSTRA SMART MODEM GEN 2

After successfully connecting the Smart Modem Gen 2 when I first got it, it immediately disconnected 2 mins later when I attempted to connect to the settings page. I have been trying to reconnect ever since with no luck, I just get a white light on the front (blinks off for a couple seconds every 10). The lights on the back do not illuminate. Tech support told me this means it is receiving a firmware update and to wait a couple of hours. Each time I ring they up the time I need to wait. I'm now up to 24 hours. It sounded like BS at 2 hours, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt and let it go over night - no change, blinking white light and no connection.  

I'd love some advice on where to from here.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: TELSTRA SMART MODEM GEN 2

The update might of been interrupted causing it to fail. The update should take less than an hour.
You could try a factory reset. To factory reset press reset button for at least 10 seconds while modem is powered on. Modem should reboot. Reset button is located behind a hole on back of modem near LAN port 2
If still not working you might need a new modem which should be supplied under warranty
Chris_1
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks. I tried the factory reset and unfortunately no change. I'll try Telstra again, hopefully I get someone who is prepared to help rather than tell me to wait longer for it to "update".

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Chris_1, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear of the troubles and that a factory reset did not resolve, give us a call on 133 933 and we will assist.

Let me know how you go.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more