Trevo
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

Answered

I changed the WIFI password on my Telstra Smart Modem a few days ago.  However, when I had a power outage yesterday and the Modem reset, the Wifi password changed back to the original (default).  How can I ensure that the password changes permanently.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

The power outage should not have reset the Wi-Fi password back to its default value.. The only thing that will reset the Wi-Fi password is a factory reset. I changed the Wi-Fi password and name on my Gen 2 modem when I first got it and it has not  and it has not changed in the two years I have had it. There might have been a power spike when power outage occurred that caused modem to factory reset.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
cf4
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

The power outage should not have reset the Wi-Fi password back to its default value.. The only thing that will reset the Wi-Fi password is a factory reset. I changed the Wi-Fi password and name on my Gen 2 modem when I first got it and it has not  and it has not changed in the two years I have had it. There might have been a power spike when power outage occurred that caused modem to factory reset.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more