JDMils
Level 6: Bloodhound

Telstra Smart Modem Gen2 not showing device MAC addresses

Answered

I just replaced my Telstra F@st5355 router with the new Smart Modem Gen 2 and cannot find a way to view device MAC addresses. The F@st modem would show the MACs of all connected devices which made security easy to manage, however I cannot work out a way to find devices on my network via MAC thru this router. I know it creates a generic label of the type "UNKNOWN- MAC ADDRESS" but once you clear that label, there does not seem to be a way to get the connected device's MAC.

|
|
+-- JDMils
|
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem Gen2 not showing device MAC addresses

There are two versions of the Smart modem. One made by Technicolor (DJA0231) and the other by Arcadyan (LH1000). The Technicolor version has a list of connected devices with there MAC address at Advanced > Devices. The Arcadyan modem has a list of connected devices and there MAC address at Go to Advanced > Local Network > Devices. The Arcadyan modem has bug and sometimes does not show all or any of the devices connected to modems LAN ports.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

There are two versions of the Smart modem. One made by Technicolor (DJA0231) and the other by Arcadyan (LH1000). The Technicolor version has a list of connected devices with there MAC address at Advanced > Devices. The Arcadyan modem has a list of connected devices and there MAC address at Go to Advanced > Local Network > Devices. The Arcadyan modem has bug and sometimes does not show all or any of the devices connected to modems LAN ports.

View solution in original post

JDMils
Level 6: Bloodhound

Thanks cf4, I have the DJA0231 and found the MAC list using your guidance!

|
|
+-- JDMils
|

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more