ais01
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Modem LH1000 Not Switching to Mobile Network

I purchased new Telstra Smart Modem LH1000 from eBay. I have installed it and it is working fine. My problem is that it does not switch over to Telstra's Mobile Network when the internet goes down. I have downloaded the Telstra Smart Modem LH1000 Gen 2 manual, but can't see how to get the mobile thing to work. I'll appreciate any help in getting this feature to work. Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Smart Modem LH1000 Not Switching to Mobile Network

The modem needs to see no connection through the DSL or WAN port for a minimum of 4 minutes before it switches over.

If it can see a connection to the outside world (more common on services like FTTC or HFC where it is connected to an NBN NTD), even though there is no internet service, it will not switch over. In those cases, you need to unplug the Modem from the incoming connection.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ais01

Hi Jupiter,

Thanks, but there was no connection for several hours, but the switch over did not happen.

cf4

Does the modem show a Valid SIM in the modem's mobile settings page (Go to Advanced > Internet > LTE}. If it doesn't try reinserting SIM which is located on back of modem. The metal contacts face towards the ethernet ports and the SIM side with cut of edge is inserted first.

ais01

The SIM Status is "None". The SIM may be damaged. Please advise SIM specs for me to buy a new one. I have copied the "Advanced > Internet > LTE" page and pasted it below. Thanks

Mobile Information
Device Status
Initializing
Manufacturer ID
Quectel
Device module
EG06-AUTL
Device IMEI
Firmware version
EG06AUTLLAR01A15M4G_ACY
Parameters version
EG06AUTL_ACY_V00015_201812051
SIM Status
None
SIM IMSI
SIM Subscriber ID
SIM ICCID
Mobile Status
Network Status
NotPresent
Voice Status
Emergency
Current Technology
LTE
Current Operator
No service
Radio Signal Quality

SIM Status: None
Mobile Configuration
Data APN
PDP Type

IPv6
Username
Password
Authentication Type

None
Mobile Only Mode:

cf4

Unfortunately you can't buy a SIM. If you use a normal Telstra Data SIM the data used would come from the account associated with the SIM. You could try getting a SIM from support but it is unlikely they will supply a SIM for a second hand modem. Have you checked that the SIM is missing. It might be inserted incorrectly.

ais01

There is a SIM but it seems to be damaged. The Modem I purchased from eBay was unused and brand new. I will contact Telstra support and try to get a new SIM from them. Thanks for your help.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more