Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Modem - Port Forwarding

Answered

Hi all,

Just received one of these models, works ok, but I have a question around port forwarding.

I have created man records specifying individual port mappings, but cannont work out the syntax for port forwarding a range of ports to a host. 

I have tried things like 5900-5905, or 5900..5905 but can't seem to find the correct syntax.

Typical of Telstra, no online manual of any use available.

Also, saw the thread about not being able to backup the settings in this router, totally ridiculous responses from Telstra. Every other modem I have had in the past 10 years of so has this feature. I'm currenty holding a directory of screenshots!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem - Port Forwarding

From memory you either use 5000-5005 or 5000:50005. If you use wrong format the modem shows correct format

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

From memory you either use 5000-5005 or 5000:50005. If you use wrong format the modem shows correct format

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

didn't try the ":" - worked, many thanks
Highlighted

There is a link to a unofficial manual at end of this post. There is also online help by tapping the ? mark at top right of the settings page (see section 10 of manual).

I too find it ridiculous that Telstra has removed back up feature. I have copied and pasted all my port forwarding and address reservations into a text. If I rest the modem can past them back in one by one.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more