2Bois
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Modem

To whom this may concern,

When we moved and joined Telstra back in around 2012, we were given the Telstra Gateway Router/Modem (Broadband Modem). Since then and many Telstra plans later, we decided to move to Blacktown and we still used the Telstra Gateway Router/Modem even when we changed to the NBN. then we started to get problems from our Telstra Gateway Router/Modem,  https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/modems-hardware/introducing-the-new-t-gateway-adsl/m-p/76810/...

from slow to poor connections and dropouts. Only in the last couple of months. We found out that the quality and age of our Telstra Gateway Router/Modem, will affect your connection.

We were then told by Telstra, that Telstra would provide us with the hardware we would need to connect to the Modem. We then had months of waiting for hardware we never received. After talking to your staff we decided to upgrade our plan to the Entertainment Package Plan that was advertised on your webpage at the time. We upgraded because we were promised we would receive the Telstra Smart Modem and Telstra TV in the upgrade. we have received the Telstra TV, But we are still The Telstra Smart Modem that we were promised when we upgraded our Telstra plan.

Now the Telstra Gateway Router/Modem wasn't working any longer and we are still waiting for our Telstra Smart Modem, in the interim we have had to borrow a D-Link modem from our neighbour.  Can you please let us know when our Telstra Smart Modem will be turning up? I’d like to return the D-Link modem to my neighbour ASAP.

2Bois

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Smart Modem

Nobody at Crowdsupport has that kind of information (note: the Smart Modem 2 was generally only included for new customers).

You will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human.

It may take a few hours to get a response, but you will receive a notification through the app when somebody responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more