Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Smart Modem

Answered

If I buy my own Smart Modem on Ebay can it be used with Telstra voip as the ones sent out on a new service are preconfigered how would a used one be set up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem

The modems are delivered with universal settings. When the modem first gets connected to your NBN connection all the settings including the VOIP settings and 4G settings are automatically configured for your connection. If you buy a second hand modem and install on your NBN connection the previous owners settings are overwritten by the settings required for your connection. Best to factory reset secondhand modem's before use to remove any custom settings set by previous owner.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Smart Modem

The modems are delivered with universal settings. When the modem first gets connected to your NBN connection all the settings including the VOIP settings and 4G settings are automatically configured for your connection. If you buy a second hand modem and install on your NBN connection the previous owners settings are overwritten by the settings required for your connection. Best to factory reset secondhand modem's before use to remove any custom settings set by previous owner.

View solution in original post

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more