Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Voice Extender Unpairing

The Telstra Voice Extender my mother has got issues. When I "Pair" it, it will work for maybe 2 hours sometimes, other times it will last for a couple of days, but then it "unpairs" itself.  I did have problems many months ago with "Pairing" and after contacting this site, I was advised to "Reboot" the modem. That worked and the "Pairing worked but doesn't last, and as I said, may work for anywhere between 2hrs to 2 days, My mother lives by herself and she is 82 yrs old, and needs  a reliable phone connection. I've lost track of how many times I have had to "Reboot and Pair" the Telstra Voice Extender. I was talking to a Telstra Technician a while ago and he mentioned there were some issues with The Telstra Voice Extender. Can you help me fix it please? Thankyou Regards Peter

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra Voice Extender Unpairing

Does your mother have the Technicolor version of the Gen 2 Smart modem DJA0231? The DJA0231 is currently being updated to fix a problem with T Voice 503 handsets losing their pairing. This update will probably fix the WiFi extender unpairing problem. If you have the DJA0231 wait a few weeks and you might find the problem disappears. The only other thing you can do is to raise a complaint by ringing 132200 and when asked for reason of call say complaint or by using online form at link below.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/our-complaints-handling-p...

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thankyou, I will check the modem when I see her next. I do think it is the Gen 2 Smart Modem.

Highlighted

There are two versions of the Gen 2 smart modem.The Technicolor has air vents on the side.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more