Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

TELSTRA WHITE NBN BOX

HI, HAVE A RED LIGHT ON THE BACK OF MY MODEM AT THE MOBILE SIGNAL POSITION.  NOW CAN'T CONNECT TO MY MOBILE WHEN HOME. 

CAN'T TALK TO A PERSON ANY MORE THEY ONLY WANT TO TEXT, DIFFICULT WHEN CAN'T CONNECT TO HOME MODEM. SOME REASON THEY WON'T USE LANDLINE.

REGARDS,

BERT50

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: TELSTRA WHITE NBN BOX

The mobile signal led indicates the strength of the 4G mobile signal in your area.

Green: Excellent

Orange: Good

Red: Poor.

If modem is not on 4 G backup (Front light is green) the colour of mobile signal light being red should not effect the connection of your mobile to the modem. The modem did have a recent firmware update that added a new WiFi security feature called Protected Management Frames (WiFi-PMF). You could try turning WiFi-PMF off in the modem's Advanced WiFi settings.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

HI cf4,

Thanks. Have had Smart Box for some months now and had no problems with connections or NBN.

Today light on front of box and Mobile Signal is red. Not happened before. My mobile wouldn't connect. After your reply have rebooted and now will connect but showing no strength. I,m not savvy  with this stuff.  Can you help a little more about finding the advanced settings. Am much happier mobile is connected all be it poorly.

Thanks again.

Bert 50

To disable PMF log into modem by opening a Web browser on device connected to modem and going to http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra. Once logged in Go to Advanced then got to WiFi.  Look for  a setting called Protected Management frames or WiFi-PMF. Turn off or disable and save settings. There is a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz WiFi band it needs to be done on both bands. If you don't notice and differenced turn PMF back on.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more