Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra wifi 35mh not pairing

Answered

My telstra wifi boosters only pair via ethernet connection. how do I get it to use WPS?

Modem is Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 DJA 0231 Firmware 18.1.c.0462-950-RB

Boosters are Telstra's Smart Wifi Booster M35H. Firmware 1.01.27-01

Related Issues

- I have tried to check and update the booster firmware and I click the link and it just spins.

- when i use ethnernet connection with the booster I have two wifi networks 1 from the modem and one from the wifi.  how do I make it one mesh network. Is this better?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra wifi 35mh not pairing

Thank you for the resposne. if i change the ssid and password to be the same to the modem will that mean that the modem and wifi boosters act as one network and that the bandwidth will be shared/optimised.   Assuming yes to all that I think there are a few non telstra mesh wifis that are smarter than this so next time. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Suggest you factory reset the booster then try to connecting using WPS. I found I had to try twice and you have to be patient as it takes several minutes.

Wait several minutes after reseting booster before pressing WPS button on both modem (for at least 5 seconds) and booster.

See section 33 of document linked in this post.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smartmodem-Gen-2-Technicolor-version-...

Highlighted

Still no luck.  I have the DJA0231 and Gen1 smartwifi boosters.  I have reset the boosters. waited clicked wps on booth devices and the WPS does not pair.  WPS is enabled on the modem.  About to give up.  I can only connect with one via ethernet.  So now I have two smaller separate wifi networks rather than one shared network.  Wasted my money on the Gen1.  

Highlighted

Did not realise you had Gen 1 smart booster. Your booster has same model number as the Gen 2 booster. The Gen 1 will only connect by LAN cable to the modem. One acts as the controller plugged into modems's LAN port. You can change the SSID and password of the booster so that it matches the modem's by opening a web browser and going to http://telstra.wifi, password is telstra and going to Settings > Wireless.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thank you for the resposne. if i change the ssid and password to be the same to the modem will that mean that the modem and wifi boosters act as one network and that the bandwidth will be shared/optimised.   Assuming yes to all that I think there are a few non telstra mesh wifis that are smarter than this so next time. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yes the booster and modem will act as one network and WiFi devices will automatically connect to the modem or a booster depending on which has the strongest signal.

Highlighted

Thank you very much. I bet there are lots of people using the wifi on a separate network to their modem. Now I finally have them all on one mesh.  Really appreciate your response. Happy Easter. Grant

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more