Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

TG797n v3 log on to 10.0.0.138 User name and Password for wireless set-up

Answered

I have a TG797n v3 on Windows 7 to a Dell XPS via ethernet cable. Has been working fine, but. . . just aquired an iPad Mini for family use.

When trying to configure the iPad Mini, I can't get past the log in requirements of the "found" wireless network. My laptops read it OK but the iPad keeps asking for a Password for the Telstra***** wireless network. I have tried every conceivable password I have ever used without success.

I tried resetting the TG797, (by switching off the power for 1 minute, and pressing the rest button for 20 seconds, and leaving the power on and pressing the re-set button),and now it is asking for a User name AND a Password to enable log in to 10.0.0.138. I can't even get to the set-up page anymore!!

I have re-installed the software from the CD that came with the T-gateway, but at no stage does it ask for a password. It asks for the SSID and the Wireless Key, but nothing else! and connection to the internet is established.

(Otherwise I couldn't type this, could I?)

So, where, and how, do I either retrieve the Password hidden in the TG or reset the password the iPad is looking for???

I have configured the TG797 by disconnecting and re-connecting (no passwords asked for) I have searched all the Help topics and they ALL say " Just enter your User name and Password" . . . yeah, great if you can remember it or even reset

it!!  Please, someone, there must be a simple (or complex) answer as a solution.

Thanks in advance, Ian King.   (Telstra help, . . . anyone?)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: TG797n v3 log on to 10.0.0.138 User name and Password for wireless set-up

Hi Ian,

The WiFi security keys should be located on a card that came with the modem, and also on a sticker on the back.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks Shelly,

That's all good. . .  I finally figured out what went wrong.

When I log my laptops  and desktops onto the WiFi netwiork, the SSID and Security Key are not case sensitive,

. . .but they bloody are Case Sensitive when trying to enter them on the iPad Mini!!!

So, after late nights, re-installations, trial and (mostly) error and a lot of cussing, it all came down to a case of upper case and lower case!

I hope this helps someone else as well.

Cheers; Ian King.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Ian,

The WiFi security keys should be located on a card that came with the modem, and also on a sticker on the back.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks Shelly,

That's all good. . .  I finally figured out what went wrong.

When I log my laptops  and desktops onto the WiFi netwiork, the SSID and Security Key are not case sensitive,

. . .but they bloody are Case Sensitive when trying to enter them on the iPad Mini!!!

So, after late nights, re-installations, trial and (mostly) error and a lot of cussing, it all came down to a case of upper case and lower case!

I hope this helps someone else as well.

Cheers; Ian King.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Highlighted

Hello please help me. I too bought an IPAD Air but it asks to connect to a network. When I pick the network it asks for a password. I have tried every password but not accepted. Can you please help me to. Thankyou Jo

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi dumbojojo, 

Im sorry to hear that you are having difficulties, 

The password you need is located on the underside of you modem unless you have already changed it yourself. It will often be listed as a WAP PIN.

If this doesnt help please see here Change wifi password or here  WiFi Troubleshooting

Finally, you are still having issues, please contact support on 133933 or Live chat here http://tel.st/hsc3

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Highlighted

That's great Tommy... if you ARE logged in with a 'username' AND 'password'.
The question is "What is the user name AND password?
Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi farmerjohn,

If you're unsure of what your username and password are, then I'd recommend speaking to our tech support teams via the methods Tommy has provided. You don't need to be logged in or have either of those to speak with our team, and we can identify you using some different details, then provide you with the info you need.

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Recently I upgraded my T-Hub2 bundle to Telstra max TG799vac. The earlier bundle included with a tablet and phone whitch sits on the T-Gateway. I cant fix that phone to the new modem, so I connected with a normal wall phone (Telstra T210). Now I can get phone calls, can connect TV, ipad, computers to internet. But I can't conncet my tablet which came through earlier T-Hub2 bundle. What is the reason? and how can I connect my old phone?

Nan

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The TG799 does not currently support DECT handset pairing. The T-Hub2 handset comes with a base station which is what the handset connects to and the tablet pairs with.

- Shelly

Highlighted

I have never received a card or setup instructions. I have always had to contact Telstra for instructions and had to use a magnifying glass to read my password.

Not very good.

Peter.

Highlighted

Hi my name is ishaq i want change wirleless password thank you.

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

To change Wi-Fi SSID and password log in to gateway using web browser. Click on Wi-Fi link and then then click on the Wi-Fi band that you wish to change it's password. Enter new password and click on apply.

Default IP address http://10.0.0.138 or http://192.168.1 or http://192.168.0.1
Default user name and password
admin/admin or
admin/password or
admin/blank (no password

Example below is from F@st5355 gateway

Wi-Fi_Passwordjpg.jpg

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more