Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

TG800vac LED color codes

Answered

My Internet connection drops from time to time for 3-4 seconds.

I noticed during this time the Online led on the modem, which is normally Green, turns to White.

I checked the webpage of the modem but I see the "DSL Uptime" and  "Showtime" show more then 10 days therefore the PPPoE session doesn't disconnect.

Therefore my question what does it mean if the Online led turns to White color?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: TG800vac LED color codes

The online led turns to white when modem loses its authentication with the server. This could be due errors on the DSL link. You can check for errors on the link at Advanced > Diagnostics > xDSL stats

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The online led turns to white when modem loses its authentication with the server. This could be due errors on the DSL link. You can check for errors on the link at Advanced > Diagnostics > xDSL stats

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you for the answer. I see no errors in the DSL Stats and the DSL uptime & Showtime show they are up for more than 10 days. (Is this the same at PPPoE session uptime?) If the modem loses the authentication with the server wouldn't the PPPoE session tear down as well so DSL uptime & Showtime counters should reset as well?

Highlighted

In the meantime I found the PPPoE session uptime in the Basic > Broadband (surprisingly it is not available in the Advanced menu). This clarifies that the other uptime counters under DSL have only L2 connection related counters. (I wish I had a user manual for this modem...)

The PPPoE session counter does reset in approx. every 2 hours versus the DSL uptime which is more than 10 days. There are no errors on the DSL Diagnostic page.

Anyway this is in sync what you've mentioned that the modem loses auth with the server when the Online led is white and gives a good starting point for a discussion with the customer service.

Thanks again for the information.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more