Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

TG800vac Not Allocating IP address to Ethernet connected storage

Answered

Hi All,

Having searched the threads here in vain and I need help.

I have just installed a TG800vac and am trying to connect my WD MyBook and MyCloud devices with no luck. The router will allocate IPs to PCs, Laptops and even TVs connected via Ethernet, but not to any of the WD drives. The drives are detected and listed by the router with the MAC address showing (Ethernet port 2 in attached pic).

I've tried allocating a static IP, but no joy. I've never had any problems connecting these

drives to other routers (Asus, TP-Link, Linksys). 

Hope you can help.

Devices

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: TG800vac Not Allocating IP address to Ethernet connected storage

The My Cloud device has been allocated an IPv6 address but not a IPv4 address. This could be due to the My Cloud device have a static address set up in its GUI that is not with in the address range of the TG800 VAC
You could either reset the device to factory defaults or connect it to your old router, log into its GUI and change the network settings to use DHCP.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The My Cloud device has been allocated an IPv6 address but not a IPv4 address. This could be due to the My Cloud device have a static address set up in its GUI that is not with in the address range of the TG800 VAC
You could either reset the device to factory defaults or connect it to your old router, log into its GUI and change the network settings to use DHCP.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks, cf4. I had totally forgotten about the static IPs I had allocated.
Problem solved. Thank you very much, champ!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more