Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thomson TG782T modem

Answered

I have been given a Thomson Modem TG782T, for wireless connection, but the installation disc is not there, can I get one from Telstra or can I install it without the disc, i currently use a siemens speedstream ADSL.  I am reasonably computer literate, so would appreciate some help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15: Special Agent
Accepted Solution

Re: Thomson TG782T modem

G'day morn76gal,

You can actually setup the Thomson TG782T modem manually if you don't have the installation disc. Just make sure you have a computer connected via Ethernet (or wifi) to the Thomson modem and access the modem interface page http://10.0.0.138/ . Go to Internet underneath Broadband Connection and update your account details. Hit connect once you're done. Hope this helps.

[I work for Telstra but please note that the views and opinions I express are my own and doesn't necessarily reflect those of Telstra]

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

G'day morn76gal,

You can actually setup the Thomson TG782T modem manually if you don't have the installation disc. Just make sure you have a computer connected via Ethernet (or wifi) to the Thomson modem and access the modem interface page http://10.0.0.138/ . Go to Internet underneath Broadband Connection and update your account details. Hit connect once you're done. Hope this helps.

[I work for Telstra but please note that the views and opinions I express are my own and doesn't necessarily reflect those of Telstra]

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

You do not need an installation disk to use the modem, But if you would like to set it up go to http://10.0.0.138/ewizard.htm

I hope this solves your issue and like always have a nice day.

Highlighted

Many thanks 'bathroom'' sorry for not replying sooner, have not been available until now, but will try and see how I go.

Highlighted

Dear 'bathroom',  I was able to have my moden connected as you said, and it is working fine.  I was given an ACER  Iconia tablet recently as a gift, and I had to send it away to have it repaired after the software failed.  I now have problems authenticating it again.  I have not changed my password on my router, and I have a copy of the pask key etc.  But it searches, says it is secured and then trys to authenticate, but comes back saying authentication problems.  I have tried most things, but to no avail,  What can I do?  or What am I doing wrong.

morngal

Highlighted

Hi morngal,

Are all your devices having issues connecting via WiFi or is it just your tablet having issues? I've browsed online and this seems to be a known issue with the Acer Iconia A100/A200 tablets. It coud just be a device-specific issue.

Have your tried the basics like turn the modem and tablet off?

I'm not too sure about this but the Acer tablet might be having problems connecting to your router with its current wireless encryption type. Is it set to WPA, WPA2 or WPA+WPA2?

Highlighted

Dear Bathroom.  Thank you very much for the reply, I had checked all ports, turned on and off, checked modem, and when able, got into modem and checked all input. I had also checked the signal etc, and other devices were working properly.

I tried putting in my wpa/wpa2psk in the password area and  it authenicated immediately, and connected me, I had not done this before when I first set it up, from my wi fi, which is connected by ethernet, (which was set up by someone else), and previously when someone else wanted to use their tablet in my home, the password did not work, so I am not sure what has been set up, but I am now authenticated and  have set up my emails etc.

As I said in another post, I am not a computer wiz, but I will try and sort things out very patiently, so whatever has been the problem, with your help and reading another post, I tried the wpa/wpa2psk key and it worked.

It seems that I have done something right, because it is working fine.

Once again thank you so much.

Morngal.

Highlighted

Glad to know you got it sorted out :-)

Highlighted

does the Thomson TG782T modem alloq VPN conection

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

It sure does, though you may need to do some port forwarding. 

If you do, you can find the steps on how to do so here http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/TG782T/

Note: Portforward.com is a 3rd party site and is not affiliated with Telstra BigPond, but is a good resource for port forwarding.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hello, I have a Thompson TG782T Modem but am moving to a new provider. Is the modem locked with telstra or can it be used with another provider? Is this an ADSL2 modem?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

ADSL modems are not locked, however the firmware is such that it forced @bigpond.com into the username of the login section. If you are wanting to use this modem for another service provider, simply add their username and allow the @bigpond.com to remain. in most cases, this will not interfere with you accessing the internet through another service provider. It would also be worthwhile to check with our Tech Support teams to make sure that your modem is not linked to an account within our Remote Management System. They can check this with the modem serial number.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I also have a thomson tg782t router that i received (several years ago) from bigpond. I actually have it hooked up to a time capsule that produces my wifi for the household. While the system works ok, I have noticed on occasions (particularly when using internet radio at night) however that the wifi signal cuts out. Is the thomson router a reasonable unit? I now have in my household numerous devices that rely on my wifi environment (2 macbook pros, 2 iphones, an ipad mini, a bose soundtouch unit, a sherwood internet radio). Is the thomson reliable enough to cope with this usage? I have been looking at possibly replacing it with a netgear d6300. any opinions? Also, what is the current modem/wireless router that is provided by bigpond? also, the time capsule produces a 802.11 ac wifi signal. I'm not sure if that is pertinant to this set-up.

Cheers

Highlighted

i use this modem and it has worked fine

However, the USB port does not seem to work, at least win7,8 can not find it

I have connected a DNS via an LAN port and win explorer found it , but it was never reliable and failed and i gave up. It ewas inordinately difficult to install with lots of help from the manufacturer

I have recently attached a seagate central HD to another LAN port and it does not seem to be recognised by the router, nor win explorer, although the pre-existing connection to my computer is fine and there is no disturbance to the internet.

Wifi works fine, but the 2 mentioned devices require cable connection to a LAN port on the roputer

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more